Mousekiller's Commissions

Thread: Mousekiller's Commissions

Default Mousekiller's Commissions

To be clear, this is not a place to solicit commissions!!! Just to post work that I have been commissioned to do, as they may not fit into any of my other hundreds of threads!

So, this week I made a deal to paint 21 Star Wars Legion models over the course of the next few weeks. I told him we would price it by the hour, so decided to do hourly updates. Let me know what you think could do to improve it! I figure another 30 min to an hour and this one will be done (definitely have to finish tightening up that checkered shoulder pad! It looked better before my hand slipped with the black paint )

This is Sabine. Apparently she is a graffiti artist.

Hour 3: Added the speckling on her wristbands, boots and helmet. Still need to go back in and hit the shoulder pad, fix the breast plate, and a few other little details.

And, she is complete! 1/21 for this job done.

Model: SABINE WREN
    Total Time to Paint: 4 hours
    Date Complete: 8 AUG, 2021
    Game: Star Wars Legion
    Manufacturer: Fantasy Flight Games

AT CMON: SABINE WREN

Next up, TRISTAIN WREN. Mostly base coat at this point, and trying to figure out what these symbols will look like.

And, he is complete! 2/21 for this job done.

Total Time to Paint: 2 hours 45 minutes
    Date Complete: 11 AUG, 2021

AT CMON: TRISTAIN WREN

Up next, DURO REBEL TROOPERS

This is hour 1: Primer, laid down contrast paints to get an idea of the color scheme, and laid in the eyes. After looking at more pictures on line, I am thinking maybe a green fatigue color for the pants? I will check with the customer. Keeping in mind, these have to stay under two hours of total paint time!!! We will see if that is possible!

Worked up the face and the yellow bits.

4/21 complete

Rushed to finish these two DURO REBEL TROOPERS for the customer. I admit, I don't know much about the dynamics of the game and troop make up concept, but I am definitely learning along the way. The symbol is Sabine's version of the rebel symbol. I will practice a bit on painting it and will likely re-do the base once I am complete with a few more of the squad. Also, realized that these two Duro actually belong to two different squads. After talking with the customer, I think we are going to design one red symbol, and one blue symbol to help delineate the squads. He initially wanted just plain red bases, but I think I have convinced him to at least add the "tag" on the base as you have seen on Tristain, Sabine, and now these two. I will also have to say, I rushed the pictures that night as well, they didn't not come out as nice as I would have liked.

Total Time to Paint: 3 hours

Date Complete: 18 AUG, 2021

AT CMON: DURO REBEL TROOPERS

This is some pretty cool work, the models are very interesting & well-proportioned and the paint job suits them well. Reckon the customer is super happy about these!

@GORB: Thanks mate, I think he is really enjoying them. Moving in to just troopers pretty soon though!

5/21 complete

Finally got Ursa Wren done. Wasn't a lot of painting time this week, so in lieu of normal picture updates I opted to push through and get the painting done! Hope he likes his matriarch!

URSA WREN

Total Time to Paint: 3 hours

Date Complete: 28 AUG, 2021

AT CMON: URSA WREN

7/21 complete

Got these two done! Once I finish out the two squads, one will have a red theme and the other blue.

REBEL TROOPER COMMANDERS

Total Time to Paint: 2.5 hours
    Date Complete: 1 SEP, 2021

AT CMON: REBEL TROOPER COMMANDERS

Next up, the infamous Princess Leia! Face and hands pretty much done, everything else just a base coat! 1 hour in!

8/21 complete

PRINCESS LEIA
    Date Complete: 3 SEP, 2021

AT CMON: PRINCESS LEIA

@Gorb: Thanks mate, I hope the customer enjoys her!

12/21 complete

REBEL TROOPERS 1 AND 2 (x2 each)
    Date Complete: 12 SEP, 2021

Thanks @Little Joe! It has definitely been a fun project, and I have learned quite a bit about Star Wars characters along the way!

Troopers 3 (x2) and 4 (x2) at two hours.