Melee Attack PG 15

Thread: Melee Attack PG 15

Default Melee Attack PG 15

Two Questions
    -a melee attack allows a unit to change facing then shift to align. Can a unit shift without changing its facing to face the attacker?

-shifting can be done as part of a melee attack. Can shifting from other abilities (such as order tokens from Varys or Wendamyr) be done in melee (staying engaged), so as to make space for another combat unit to charge in on that facing, or to shift to 100%?

Source: Pg 15
    "When a unit performs a Melee Attack, and it is engaged withonly 1 enemy unit, it may first choose to change its facing sothat it is facing said enemy head-on (in the case of an enemy beingin its Flank or Rear). A unit engaged from multiple sides may notchange its facing. The enemy has prevented them from doingso! The unit may then choose to shift its tray so that its trayis 100% aligned center-to-center with its enemy, or chooseto move so that their trays are only 50% aligned (as to allowanother friendly unit to later engage that enemy in that same Arc)."

Two Questions
    -a melee attack allows a unit to change facing then shift to align. Can a unit shift without changing its facing to face the attacker?
    Yes.

-shifting can be done as part of a melee attack. Can shifting from other abilities (such as order tokens from Varys or Wendamyr) be done in melee (staying engaged), so as to make space for another combat unit to charge in on that facing, or to shift to 100%?
    No, this specific movement is being granted by the rules for performing a Melee Attack, otherwise, shifting (or any movement other than a Retreat) is not permitted while engaged unless expressly stated in an Ability/effect.
    CMON Design and Development Manager
    Designer: A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft, Bloodborne, Masters of the Universe: Clash for Eternia

New player here. About to play my first game this week.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the "shift" on page 15 "The unit may then choose to shift its tray ..." and the "Rules Summary" page "ATTACK : SHIFT / CHANGE FACING ATTACK " is the same as the "shift" defined on page 5.