Mousekiller's Monstrous Miniatures and Other Really Big and Mean Types WIPs

Thread: Mousekiller's Monstrous Miniatures and Other Really Big and Mean Types WIPs

Default Mousekiller's Monstrous Miniatures and Other Really Big and Mean Types WIPs

Well, my local game store had a competition today, voting will commence for the week. My entry has a lot of work left before I would actually call it complete, but the competition itself was a ton of fun!

The rules:

1. You must purchase the mini from the Reaper/Wiz Kids rack, and the cost must be $6.00 and below (entry fee was $10.00, grand prize wins the difference).

2. If you need to primer it, it counts towards the three hours. I spend around 20 minutes just waiting on the primer to dry!

3. If it comes in pieces, you have to put it together, and this counts towards your three hours. Luckily, the piece I chose was fully assembled.

So, after three hours, here was the product (he still needs a LOT of work):

And the competition (which, for three hours, was pretty steep!!!):

Cool. The carapace really turned out nice.

Krulebear: More to be done my friend!

Ok, so he didn't win! Go figure, when I never even finished him!!!!

So, here we go, hour 4! Hit the red bits, the skin piece above the fur, and the teeth.

The spider looks lovely. From which manufacturer is it?

@Graishak - from Reaper Miniature line (the bones plastics).

Seems to be OOP. What a pitty... this one would fit to my gobbo forces...

Quote Originally Posted by Graishak View Post
    Seems to be OOP. What a pitty... this one would fit to my gobbo forces...
    @Graishak - Looks like they still have it available under "Marsh Troll". Link: https://www.reapermini.com/search/ma...l/latest/77152

@MK - You are making that Bones figure look good! I also love the stories you attach to your minis... I love how they all seem to tie into some overarching lore. Very cool.

@Kendarus: Thanks a lot for the link. I found the spider :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Graishak View Post
    @Kendarus: Thanks a lot for the link. I found the spider :-)
    Haha, glad it was a help! I should have read more more closely... I thought you were talking about the troll

Here he is after five hours. Really coming together well. Need to finish up the "ropes" on the clubs, and the wrappings. Not sure if going with a bone color on them is the right approach? What color would you all recommend to compliment the other colors but not be "out of place" in a swampy environment?