Is Surge Forth part of the attack action?

Thread: Is Surge Forth part of the attack action?

Default Is Surge Forth part of the attack action?

Something came up during our event yesterday and a player mentioned surging forth shouldnt trigger things based off a maneuver, such as the Ranger Hunters order and Red Cloaks panic test.

Is Surging Forth, part of the attack action, or is it a separate maneuver action? Can I surge forth, and trigger the Ranger Hunter order to shoot another target?

Thank you for your help!

The rulebook reads (pg. 17)
    "once all abilities (...) have been resolved, the attacker may make 1 free Maneuver action(...)"
    The Surge forth is a Maneuver and anything that triggers on a Maneuver action can be performed. So you could quick fire after a surge forth, assuming you still have the order to use this round.

Quote Originally Posted by titfilou View Post
    The rulebook reads (pg. 17)
    "once all abilities (...) have been resolved, the attacker may make 1 free Maneuver action(...)"
    The Surge forth is a Maneuver and anything that triggers on a Maneuver action can be performed. So you could quick fire after a surge forth, assuming you still have the order to use this round.
    While I agree, the charge also said that you perform an attack action, and we later found out it was part of the charge. I'd like to get an official ruling on this from Michael

Quote Originally Posted by bohms27 View Post
    While I agree, the charge also said that you perform an attack action, and we later found out it was part of the charge. I'd like to get an official ruling on this from Michael
    Charge was expressly errated to be one single Action. Surge Forth isn't, and never has been, part of an Attack Action. It is a result of an Attack. It's not part of the same Action in any way, it is generating its own Maneuver Action.

This is fully outlined on Pg. 17 and everything you're asking is answered there.

Yup I agree, someone wanted me to ask this regardless since most of my questions were answered :-D lol

Surge Forth is not part of the Attack Action. As previously stated, it is an event resulting from an Attack, but it has nothing to do with the actual attack itself.
    CMON Design and Development Manager
    Designer: A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft, Bloodborne, Masters of the Universe: Clash for Eternia