Ramsay's Cards Clarification

Thread: Ramsay's Cards Clarification

Default Ramsay's Cards Clarification

I have several questions regarding Ramsay's cards:

1. Sadistic Games: if there is no engaged enemies and I play this card, can my enemy still choose the bottom effect despite there is no valid target?
    Name:  unknown.jpeg
Views: 100
Size:  86.0 KB

2. Cruel Methods: if there is no panic token on the enemy, can I still resolve exactly 1 of the effects?
    Name:  40409.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  86.6 KB

for number 1, I think this is resolved with this ruling here: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tercept-Orders

and for number 2, it is quite clear that the only effect available is to expend a panic and choose two. nothing in the card even hints at choosing 1, not spending a token, etc. spend a token, choose 2. it is not, spend a token, and choose an additional 1.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedGod View Post
    for number 1, I think this is resolved with this ruling here: http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tercept-Orders

and for number 2, it is quite clear that the only effect available is to expend a panic and choose two. nothing in the card even hints at choosing 1, not spending a token, etc. spend a token, choose 2. it is not, spend a token, and choose an additional 1.
    As RedGod said, nothing in this card points to being able to choose 1 effect. Doing so is just making up rules that do not appear here.

For the first question, there isn't anything stopping your opponent from choosing that effect. You should not play the card if that is possible for them to do.

As stated above, 1. there are no rules forcing your opponent to choose only options that are possible. If you haven't set up both possibilities then yes, your opponent can simply choose the one that won't affect them. 2. Nothing on the card implies the ability to do what you are asking. If you do not expend a Panic Token, you do not get any of the benefits listed.
    CMON Design and Development Manager
    Designer: A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft, Bloodborne, Masters of the Universe: Clash for Eternia

Thank you, appreciate the clarification