List-of-all-the-things-Stark - and who gets targeted

Thread: List-of-all-the-things-Stark - and who gets targeted

Default List-of-all-the-things-Stark - and who gets targeted

Targeting is the focal point of a lot of questions on this board, therefore I thought it might be usefull to have a comprehensive list, by faction, of all the effects available to them and who, if at all, gets targeted when applied.
    Most things are clear, some are not, especially for new players.
    And I know a lot of people will chime in and give their answers, but it would still be nice to have this list officially answered, and maybe even get this pinned for easier reference.
    If this works I´ll do the other factions too, so one day targeting will be cleared up and we can live in happiness and peace.

Tactics Deck:
    Winters Might
    Nothern Ferocity
    Devastating Impact
    The North Remembers
    Winter is Coming
    Swift Reposition
    Assault Order

Commander:

Brynder Tully – The Blackfish:

Stalwart
    Stand your Ground
    Commander Tactics Cards:
    - Set for Charge
    - Refuse to Yield
    - War Cry

Brynden Tully – Outrider Commander
    Order: Sentinel
    Elusive Escape
    Commander Tactics Cards:
    - Ride-by-attack
    - Ride the Down!
    - Marshal

Eddard Stark – Lord of Winterfell
    Rally Cry
    Iron Resolve
    Commander Tactics Cards:
    - Nothern Defiance
    - Lead by Example
    - Fury of the Fallen

Greatjon Umber – Lord of the Last Hearth
    Order: Overrun
    Order: Reckless Heroism
    Commander Tactics Cards:
    -Berserker Tactics
    - Lash out
    - Last Stand

Howland Reed – Lord of the Crannogs
    Order: Superior Flanking
    Disrupt
    Commander Tactics Cards:
    - Crannog Traps
    - Bog Devil Ambush
    - The Threat Unseen

Robb Stark – The wolf Lord
    Order: Tactical Reposition
    Regroup
    Commander Tactics Cards:
    - Sudden Retreat
    - Superior Positioning
    - Hit And Run

Rodrik Cassel – Master-at-Arms
    Order: Mark Target
    Boldness and Courage
    Commander Tactics Cards:
    - Combat Prowess
    - Martial Superiority
    - Press the Advantage

Units:

Crannogman Trackers
    Order: Hidden Traps
    Order Swift retreat

Greywind
    Tooth&Claw
    Disrupt

House Mormont She-Bears
    Order: Warcry
    Resolute Strikes

House Tully Cavaliers
    Lance
    Embolden

House Tully Sworn Shields
    Order: Shieldwall
    Stubborn Tenacity

House Umber Berserkers
    Berserker Axes
    Unyielding

House Umber Greataxes
    Executioner´s Fury
    Unyielding

Shaggydog
    Savage Mauling

Stark Bowmen
    Arrow Volley

Stark Sworn Swords
    Order: Stark Fury

Stark Outrider
    Order: Swift Retreat
    Ambush

Summer
    Tooth&Claw
    Bran´s Protector

Unit Attachements:

Bran and Hodor – Protector and Ward
    Hodor!
    Hodor!!!

Brynden Tully – Unyielding Knight
    Dauntless
    Iron Resolve

Brynden Tully – Vanguard Infiltrator
    Order: Mark Target
    Outflank

Crannogman Survivalist
    Elusive Escape
    Pathfinder

Crannogman Warden
    Order: Overwatch

Greatjon Umber – Fierce Bannerman
    Order: To the Last!
    Furious Charge

Jojen Reed – Greensight
    -
    Maege Mormont – The She-Bear
    Go down Fighting
    Unyielding

Meera Reed – Cunning Trapper
    Order: Hidden Traps

Mormont Veteran
    Hardened

Rickon Stark – Prince of Winterfell
    -

Robb Stark – The Young Wolf
    Order: Swift Retreat
    Enhanced Mobility

Sworn Sword Captain
    Order: Martial Training

Umber Champion
    Order: Incite

Winterfell Guardian
    Dauntless
    Stubborn Tenacity

NCU

Arya Stark – The Wolf Girl

Never do what they expect

Catelyn Stark – Lady of Winterfell
    Family, Duty, Honor

Eddard Stark – Warden of the North
    Bravery in the Face of Death

Howland Reed – Protector of the Neck
    Hunter´s Guile

Rodrik Cassel – Combat Veteran
    Martial Expertise

Sansa Stark – Little Bird
    Repeating Words

I think this list will wind up being a spider's web of possibilities...considering that each of these conditions and abilities have conditions of WHEN they apply, WHOM they apply to, what effects are applied, and possible secondary or tertiary effects will result as well. It's seldom quite so cut and dried as "this targets Bob...and only Bob...forever"...unless the card specifically says so.

I'll give an example:

Winter's Might: The initial part is the condition of WHEN this triggers "When a friendly unit is performing a Melee Attack, before rolling Attack Dice"...then WHAT is affected, "This attack"...then what happens, "gains Sundering and
    may re-roll any Attack Dice"...and continues on to aftereffects.

But the initial question of whom is targeted by the effect is answered, "This attack".

If you mean whom can be targeted by the card, the answer is "a friendly unit is performing a Melee Attack"

And if you are asking who is targeted by the effect, well, that would be the unfortunate recipient of that melee attack...hopefully a Lannister...

So, perhaps I'm misunderstanding your intent here. Which target do you wish to create a list for?

M

How the heck does Eddard Stark target? By that logic Ready! Aim! Fire! should target, and we know that doesn't.

"Ready Aim Fire" actually target crossbowman unit.
    Eddar Stark target unit that recieves healing.
    Winter Might target only Stark unit

I dont think there will be offical answer on that tread...

Quote Originally Posted by Valenae View Post
    "Ready Aim Fire" actually target crossbowman unit.
    Eddar Stark target unit that recieves healing.
    Winter Might target only Stark unit

I dont think there will be offical answer on that tread...
    As Valenae said, Ready, Aim, Fire (and all Orders) base-line target the unit with the Order. Winter's Might

I'm not actually sure what this thread is asking/accomplishing, when the base-line rules for targeting can be applied to most everything above:

1. Orders always base-line target the unit with the order. That's directly from the rulebook. If there are additional targets, the effect will says so.
    2. Tactics Cards always target the unit that triggered them if there was any. If they have additional targets, again the text will say so.
    3. If you have an ability that allows a free choice among numerous options, then the ones you're choosing are the targets.

Riding off No. 3, if you have an ability that just "happens", like "when this is attacked, something happens to the attacker" then it isn't targeting anything because neither of the two criteria above were met.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    As Valenae said, Ready, Aim, Fire (and all Orders) base-line target the unit with the Order. Winter's Might
    3. If you have an ability that allows a free choice among numerous options, then the ones you're choosing are the targets.
    That one always confuse me....

What if there is only one option at that certain time. This cannot count as targeting?

I'm not actually sure what this thread is asking/accomplishing, when the base-line rules for targeting can be applied to most everything above:

1. Orders always base-line target the unit with the order. That's directly from the rulebook. If there are additional targets, the effect will says so.
    2. Tactics Cards always target the unit that triggered them if there was any. If they have additional targets, again the text will say so.

Riding off No. 3, if you have an ability that just "happens", like "when this is attacked, something happens to the attacker" then it isn't targeting anything because neither of the two criteria above were met.
    The point is that if Eddard Stark is considered to target, then you'd be wrong about Ready! Aim! Fire! (assuming the ruling follows some sort of overarching logic and is not meant to be arbitrary).

Quote Originally Posted by Hecaton View Post
    The point is that if Eddard Stark is considered to target, then you'd be wrong about Ready! Aim! Fire! (assuming the ruling follows some sort of overarching logic and is not meant to be arbitrary).
    I'm not sure what is being asked about Eddard Stark, but Ready, Aim, Fire, being an Order, follows the rules for Orders and targeting, which are 100% clear that they always target their own unit, and might target additional units. Saying it doesn't target the Crossbowmen is going against the literal words of the rules pertaining to Orders and targeting.

I'm not sure what is being asked about Eddard Stark, but Ready, Aim, Fire, being an Order, follows the rules for Orders and targeting, which are 100% clear that they always target their own unit, and might target additional units. Saying it doesn't target the Crossbowmen is going against the literal words of the rules pertaining to Orders and targeting.
    I'm not saying it doesn't target the Xbowmen. I'm saying it *does* target the charging unit, if Eddard targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecaton View Post
    I'm not saying it doesn't target the Xbowmen. I'm saying it *does* target the charging unit, if Eddard targets.
    The effect doesn't say it targets, nor is there any choice about who is actually being targeted. Nothing in any of the targeting rules would point to the charging unit being the target of anything to do with the Order.

What Eddar ability do you mean?
    Rally Call cleary says that it target

Ready Aim - target own unit (because it is order) and it dont target enemy
    It simply allows to make range attack and you target unit with range attack, not with order.

There is one more example that can confuse you.
    Effects that change zone (as Assult Orders)
    They dont target unit - they change effect of zone. Then you target unit with that zone.
    (actually Assault Orders target NCU but it doesnt matter in that state of the game).

I write large artilcle about targeting in asoiaf but it is on Russian so I dont think it will help you.

The effect doesn't say it targets, nor is there any choice about who is actually being targeted. Nothing in any of the targeting rules would point to the charging unit being the target of anything to do with the Order.
    In older FAQs there were comments that if you had a choice about *when* to trigger an ability, it targets. Because you could choose to use it when unit charges and not when another does.