The Fire that Burns Against the Cold

Thread: The Fire that Burns Against the Cold

Default The Fire that Burns Against the Cold

How does The Fire that Burns Against the Cold work when multiple condition tokens are added at once?

Can all condition tokens be removed? If so, how many wounds would be removed? 2 for each or 2 for all? If 2 for each, would the removal of the second token be effected by any lost ranks from the removal of the first?

Example:

A unit with Fire that Burns attached and 10 remaining wounds has War Cry used against it (become panicked and vulnerable).

Would the breakdown be:

- place one token on (panic);
    - NW elects to suffer 2 wounds and remove panic token (reducing to 8 wounds);
    - place next token on (vulnerable);
    - NW elects to suffer 2-1 wounds (has one destroyed rank) to removed vulnerable token.

Other possible arguments:

- Can only remove one token;
    - Both tokens would cost the full 2 wounds as the unit had full ranks to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelraek View Post
    How does The Fire that Burns Against the Cold work when multiple condition tokens are added at once?

- place one token on (panic);
    - NW elects to suffer 2 wounds and remove panic token (reducing to 8 wounds);
    - place next token on (vulnerable);
    - NW elects to suffer 2-1 wounds (has one destroyed rank) to removed vulnerable token.
    Based upon my interpretation of "each time a unit gains a condition token...", this is my bet. I'll sit back now and let the guru's actually give the real answer.

M

Each instance of a token being placed creates an instance for this effect to trigger (and fully resolve) before the other.
    CMON Design and Development Manager
    Designer: A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft, Bloodborne, Masters of the Universe: Clash for Eternia