NEWB QUESTIONS - trying to get caught up

Thread: NEWB QUESTIONS - trying to get caught up

Default NEWB QUESTIONS - trying to get caught up

I'm looking for a comprehensive collection of the 2021 changes that I can print out for my new 5-player group (All of us are brand new to the game), so we can be on the same page rule and card-wise.

I have tried War Council (And I wish there was a PC version...hint), but even there we find contradictions.

For example, my version says "Rules Version 2021", but it still shows the Dragons as having a ranged attack (And, seriously, why WOULDN'T they? Did the Lannisters bribe someone?...), while the alleged NEW cards clearly show melee only...

It's difficult to get on the same page when we are playing with the product shipped, which contradicts the product online, which contradicts the product being referenced in YouTube videos and online chats...

And while we are all very excited about the potential of the game (Seriously, the depth is incredible!!!), none of us wants to dig real deep into finding unit synergies (which leads to unit PURCHASES) until we know what the units REALLY do...

So...that said...what do you recommend?

M

PS: I found ASOIFBuilder.com, that's helpful. Looking for things we can turn into "tangibles" (print outs) for faster reference.

This is a rules FAQ forum, probably not the place for this post. Go to the Facebook group to get sorted. I would start with ASOIAF Stats, it has all the latest rules and an army builder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    This is a rules FAQ forum, probably not the place for this post. Go to the Facebook group to get sorted. I would start with ASOIAF Stats, it has all the latest rules and an army builder.

Since my question is, in fact, rules based, I can't think of a better place to post this...the specific rules based question is, "Where are they?"

While ASOIAF Stats is indeed a nice resource, I'm looking for more of a PDF style printout, not a builder...it's the whole "tangible in my hands" thing...more portable that way, less "battery" dependent...

HOWEVER - the Facebook group, "A Song of Ice & Fire: Tabletop Miniatures Game", DID have the files I needed - under the FILES section (Because, where else would you put files??)...and they are listed by faction.

So...thank you.

M

You can find the 2021 rulebook here: https://asoiaf.cmon.com/docs.

As for War Council, you have to subscribe to the BETA version to get the 2021 cards on it. (I believe CMON is waiting until the physical card faction packs are distributed the world over before they officially change War Council over) Go to the following link to learn how to get the BETA version: https://asoiaf.cmon.com/news/a-song-...igital-updates

There are also a lot of fan made resources out there: Facebook, Discord, asoiaf-stats, and on the table gaming (asoiafbuilder).

Cheers,