"Ride by Attack"

Thread: "Ride by Attack"

Default "Ride by Attack"

hello everyone! I was wondering what the ruling/wording for the tactic card ride by attack. The question is "can you use Ride-by Attack to as a replacement for the free Maneuver" then perform a action after? from my understanding it is replacing the normal action with the march action not the free maneuver action given by the cavalry ability, for example you can activation the unengaged Cavalry use it's free maneuver then you play "ride by attack" for the march but my friend said that you can use ride by attack on the free cavalry maneuver action then perform a normal actions any thoughts?
    [8:31 AM]
    sorry if this question has already been ask

Quote Originally Posted by Magikarp View Post
    hello everyone! I was wondering what the ruling/wording for the tactic card ride by attack. The question is "can you use Ride-by Attack to as a replacement for the free Maneuver" then perform a action after? from my understanding it is replacing the normal action with the march action not the free maneuver action given by the cavalry ability, for example you can activation the unengaged Cavalry use it's free maneuver then you play "ride by attack" for the march but my friend said that you can use ride by attack on the free cavalry maneuver action then perform a normal actions any thoughts?
    [8:31 AM]
    sorry if this question has already been ask
    That's actually a really good question, as both the Free maneuver and the subsequent action are "Actions"...

Personally, I'd be inclined to believe that you COULD use it on the free Action...which would make that a potentially devastating card...

That said, in this thread, "HERE" they touched on that ability and stated that the action in question is NOT the free action, so you would perform this AFTER that free one...

M
    Last edited by Morticanis; 09-19-2021 at 02:18 PM.

The card states "When a friendly Cavalry Unit selects its Action during its Activation".

The free Maneuver granted by Cavalry is not its selected Action. By the time Ride By Attack can be played, the usage of the free Cavalry Maneuver has already happened.

Ride-by Attack does not interact with the Maneuver granted by the Cavalry Ability. It only affects the selected Action taken by the unit during their Activation.
    CMON Design and Development Manager
    Designer: A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft, Bloodborne, Masters of the Universe: Clash for Eternia