Gregor Clegane - Lord Tywin's Mad Dog vs. Cavalry

Thread: Gregor Clegane - Lord Tywin's Mad Dog vs. Cavalry

Default Gregor Clegane - Lord Tywin's Mad Dog vs. Cavalry

Does the Clegane attachment's charge use up its action for its activation? If so, what makes it different from the free maneuver that cavalry get? There's a player in my playgroup who's insisting you can charge with Clegane's unit from failing a morale test at the start of his activation, and then attack again (or Retreat) before the activation is over.
    Last edited by Hecaton; 09-30-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecaton View Post
    Does the Clegane attachment's charge use up its action for its activation? If so, what makes it different from the free maneuver that cavalry get? There's a player in my playgroup who's insisting you can charge with Clegane's unit from failing a morale test at the start of his activation, and then attack again (or Retreat) before the activation is over.
    I read it and it s worded really bad, there should be as its action it must charge
    Dak Hemm Paints
    Gold on Dice Events

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzu View Post
    I read it and it s worded really bad, there should be as its action it must charge
    Would be nice. I'm hoping for an official word on it so we can put it to rest.

While on the topic, a couple of clarifications would be much appreciated (these mostly apply to Mounted Behemoth (MB).

1. The wording for Uncontrolled Rage says "Each time this unit activates, if it can charge an enemy, it performs 1 morale test..."
    For this test to occur, does the charge have to be possible without the use of the cavalry unit's free maneuver if attached with Gregor MB?

2. If the unit with Gregor MB fails the morale test, assuming the charge is in the place of the unit's action for their activation, can the "nearest
    valid enemy" be an enemy unit that was not the nearest valid enemy when the morale test was performed or is the target of the charge set
    in stone once the morale test is performed and failed?

Thank you for your time and I hope it's okay that I've added these additional points to this post rather that separating them.
    Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by Hecaton View Post
    Would be nice. I'm hoping for an official word on it so we can put it to rest.
    I agree with you. In the meantime as a TO I would rule that yes it counts as its action because it is a negative experience for sure. Only allowed vs nights watch to use as RAW :P
    Dak Hemm Paints
    Gold on Dice Events

Yes, the Charge is the unit's Action for the Activation.
    CMON Design and Development Manager
    Designer: A Song of Ice and Fire, Dark Age, Rum & Bones, World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch, Wrath of Kings, Xenoshyft, Bloodborne, Masters of the Universe: Clash for Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by CMON Michael Shinall View Post
    Yes, the Charge is the unit's Action for the Activation.
    Cool, thanks.