Quick Fire before or after enemy pivot
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Quick Fire before or after enemy pivot

  1. #1

    Default Quick Fire before or after enemy pivot

    Does the quick fire order trigger before the enemy pivot during a retreat action?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2

    Default

    Since both of these occur after completing the retreat action, it would be a case of Simultaneous Effects, so whoever's turn it is would resolve first, followed by their opponent's.

  3. #3

    Default

    I do believe that this was ruled in 1.6 that the pivot happens before Quick Fire would happen as the pivot
    is technically part of the enemies retreat action and not an effect that you triggered on their retreat.

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Default

    This v1.6 ruling aside. I completely agree with Alliser. RAW, the active player should get to resolve their effect first (the Quickfire in the case of the Hunters being controlled by the Active Player).

    The v1.6 ruling should have been accompanied by a supporting errata...

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yelraek View Post
    This v1.6 ruling aside. I completely agree with Alliser. RAW, the active player should get to resolve their effect first (the Quickfire in the case of the Hunters being controlled by the Active Player).

    The v1.6 ruling should have been accompanied by a supporting errata...
    I don't know also if that section was updated from v1.6 to 2021 rules.

    But my point still stands, without an "Errata" mention then it would resolve as I posted.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    I don't know also if that section was updated from v1.6 to 2021 rules.

    But my point still stands, without an "Errata" mention then it would resolve as I posted.
    yes that s my concern too as the rule is still written as before and that faq is for 1.6

    also I noticed that forum has been wiped clean so all previous rulings are to be considered redundant.
    Dak Hemm Paints
    Gold on Dice Events

  8. #8

    Default

    A retreat is roll a d6 die then you may move up to unit's speed + result of the roll then you may pivot and your opponent may pivot. So the enemy's pivot is part of the retreat action. So he pivots before you can trigger quick fire.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titfilou View Post
    A retreat is roll a d6 die then you may move up to unit's speed + result of the roll then you may pivot and your opponent may pivot. So the enemy's pivot is part of the retreat action. So he pivots before you can trigger quick fire.
    Close. A retreat is described more or less as you say but excludes "and your opponent may pivot." The rulebook then says "Additionally, if the enemy unit (or units are now unengaged afterthe Retreat is completed, each of those enemies may immediatelyperform a free pivot."

    So the rulebook is very clear that the enemy pivot occurs after the retreat. Again, this was the same in v1.6, and the ruling ended up being that the enemy pivot occurs before the active player's quickfire. And I fully expect the same to occur here. But until that ruling is decreed... RAW... The quickfire does resolve first.

    Would I ever stand firm on that in a game? nope.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yelraek View Post
    Close. A retreat is described more or less as you say but excludes "and your opponent may pivot." The rulebook then says "Additionally, if the enemy unit (or units are now unengaged afterthe Retreat is completed, each of those enemies may immediatelyperform a free pivot."

    So the rulebook is very clear that the enemy pivot occurs after the retreat. Again, this was the same in v1.6, and the ruling ended up being that the enemy pivot occurs before the active player's quickfire. And I fully expect the same to occur here. But until that ruling is decreed... RAW... The quickfire does resolve first.

    Would I ever stand firm on that in a game? nope.
    exact on all points.

    I too believe it would be ruled back to the last ruling but it might have been left out on purpose as they wanted to change it back to prior 1.6.

    Hopefully we get that RAW vs RAI errata answer by Devs
    Dak Hemm Paints
    Gold on Dice Events

  11. #11

    Default

    Ok. They added complete. So quick fire happens before the enemy pivots.

  12. #12

    Default

    bump for a hopeful errata or otherwise
    Dak Hemm Paints
    Gold on Dice Events

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->