Jaqen H`Ghar / Mysterious Prisoner - Stark attachment - How does it work?

Thread: Jaqen H`Ghar / Mysterious Prisoner - Stark attachment - How does it work?

Default Jaqen H`Ghar / Mysterious Prisoner - Stark attachment - How does it work?

Hi Everyone

Sorry if this was asked before. I did not find anything; but maybe i did not use the search function correctly.

So Jaqen comes in 3 versions: 1NCU, 1 neutral attachement, 1 Stark attachement (you need Arya in your army to pick this one)
    My question relates to the latter one.

1. Placement: So before deployment i can attach him to an enemy infantry unit ignoring usual limits. So i can place him in an unit with attachments., but when i follow the other rules concerning attachments, i have to place him next to the other attachments (so he is in the last rank that will be removed). Is this correct?
    2. His innate Ability "A man freed, a name owned" triggers when he is destroyed. How is he destroyed? Does it work like the Lannister Turncoat? To me thats the only way it makes sense, but the card text does not specify this.... Or do i have to attack the enemy unit he is in to kill him?

Thanks ahead for helping me out.

1. He is placed just as normal attachments are placed, top left of first row of unit. If the unit already has an attachment the standard rules for multiple attachments are used, aka the unit's owner decides the order.
    2. He is destroyed when he is removed from the unit via Wounds, just like any other Attachment. On the second comment, I'm not sure what comparison you're making between him and the Lannister Turncoat, as the Turncoat doesn't do anything related to being destroyed, it merely has a once-per-game effect on the unit.

Thanks for the answer. It now seems clear.

So i have to place him in one unit, completly destroy that unit (assuming that my Opponent will place him top left). When this happens i can deal 3 Wounds (including one att. to an infantry unit)?

Quote Originally Posted by Draxx View Post
    Thanks for the answer. It now seems clear.

So i have to place him in one unit, completly destroy that unit (assuming that my Opponent will place him top left). When this happens i can deal 3 Wounds (including one att. to an infantry unit)?
    Yes, with the exception of your "assuming that my opponent" comment, because they don't have a choice in the matter about where he's placed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliser Thorne View Post
    Yes, with the exception of your "assuming that my opponent" comment, because they don't have a choice in the matter about where he's placed.
    I read this in the faq 2021 and thought it would also apply to J.H. the mysterious Prisoner:

Q: If my opponent has an Attachment that is added to my unit
    (such as Jaqen H’ghar, Unnamed), and that unit already contains
    an Attachment, how is the order determined?
    A: The unit’s owner determines the order in which they are placed
    within the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxx View Post
    I read this in the faq 2021 and thought it would also apply to J.H. the mysterious Prisoner:

Q: If my opponent has an Attachment that is added to my unit
    (such as Jaqen H’ghar, Unnamed), and that unit already contains
    an Attachment, how is the order determined?
    A: The unit’s owner determines the order in which they are placed
    within the unit.
    That is specifically mentioning the situation of multiple attachments in a unit, which I also mentioned in my initial post. The rules for them are outlined in the rulebook and still don't freely allow the player to place them "wherever in the unit".

Sorry i do not want to be annoying, but now i am confused....

In your first reply you wrote: "aka the unit's owner decides the order." Which led me to the assumtion, that the owner can choose in which order Jaq and his own attachement will be placed in his unit (following the general rules of placing attachments. Both will be on the two spots top left and the owner of the unit decides if Jaq is top left or next to it)
    In the next reply you wrote that this is not the case
    "because they (the owner of the unit) don't have a choice in the matter about where he's placed."
    That confused me because i found it contradictory. Again, i do not want to criticise your posts; indeed i am very thankful for your fast replies. It`s just about clarification and maybe i read something in your posts that was not intended, because i am not a native english speaker.