Feinting Maneuver & Charging from the Front

Thread: Feinting Maneuver & Charging from the Front

Default Feinting Maneuver & Charging from the Front

What does this card mean by "contact"? Can I charge a unit from the front, but actually touch bases in their side arc, and then align to the rear?
    Last edited by Hecaton; 11-23-2021 at 01:09 AM.

Interesting question. The game uses the word 'contact' using its natural definition but in a couple different ways, e.g. with the rules for LOF and charging explaining that the arc you charge from determines where you 'contact' the enemy, but then in turn when executing a charge you are instructed to move until you contact the enemy, then align (in contact with them).

I think the LOF rules might take precedence in this case, but it would be kind of cool to be able to take an angled charge with Harma or Jorah that gets you fully into the rear. Interested to hear what other people have to say.

I'd interpret the "Determine Line of Sight Arc" wording to be mandatory: "If the charge is successful, the attacker will end up contacting the enemy in whichever Line of Sight Arc it began in."

If you were to simply target whichever side of an enemy unit was most advantageous at all times, regardless of LoS, then the rule would be superfluous. Which I don't believe is its intent.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by serbaelish View Post
    I'd interpret the "Determine Line of Sight Arc" wording to be mandatory: "If the charge is successful, the attacker will end up contacting the enemy in whichever Line of Sight Arc it began in."

If you were to simply target whichever side of an enemy unit was most advantageous at all times, regardless of LoS, then the rule would be superfluous. Which I don't believe is its intent.
    Well you can physically contact a tray in an arc other than where you started, but you have to align to the arc you started in. But I guess you formally "contact" the enemy in the arc you started, and thus can't get all the way behind people with Feinting Maneuver unless you were in their flank.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecaton View Post
    Well you can physically contact a tray in an arc other than where you started, but you have to align to the arc you started in. But I guess you formally "contact" the enemy in the arc you started, and thus can't get all the way behind people with Feinting Maneuver unless you were in their flank.
    Absolutely agree, you can easily make contact in a side other than the original LoS arc. Which is why I think the rule is intended to prevent you from doing so--you're forced to commit.
    "I did warn you not to trust me." -Littlefinger