Dragon Attacking Giant

Thread: Dragon Attacking Giant

Default Dragon Attacking Giant

I could not find an exact thread that addressed this scenario but saw one that felt similar so I wanted to verify my understanding.
    The Dragon says:
    Hits from this attack cannot be blocked. If this attack generates any Hits, instead of rolling Defense Dice, the Defender suffers D3+3 Wounds.
    The Savage Giant says:
    This unit only suffers 1 Wound for every 2 unblocked Hits from any Attack or effect.

If a Dragon attacks a Savage Giant, I assume the Dragon language supersedes the Giant language? So a Dragon that gets a single Hit gets to roll for Wounds as opposed to the Giant ignoring damage because there were not 2 unblocked hits?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GuinnessPint View Post
    I could not find an exact thread that addressed this scenario but saw one that felt similar so I wanted to verify my understanding.
    The Dragon says:
    Hits from this attack cannot be blocked. If this attack generates any Hits, instead of rolling Defense Dice, the Defender suffers D3+3 Wounds.
    The Savage Giant says:
    This unit only suffers 1 Wound for every 2 unblocked Hits from any Attack or effect.

If a Dragon attacks a Savage Giant, I assume the Dragon language supersedes the Giant language? So a Dragon that gets a single Hit gets to roll for Wounds as opposed to the Giant ignoring damage because there were not 2 unblocked hits?

Thanks!
    That's correct. And that's a big part of why Giants aren't worth running.

Other effects that deal wounds directly all also have the same interaction. Precision, duelist, the mountain, and effects like stubborn tenacity all also bypass giant defences.