What is dead may never die tactics card

Thread: What is dead may never die tactics card

Default What is dead may never die tactics card

If a unit is destroyed by an attack and a player uses this card to keep it alive does the unit still have to take a panic test?

Wording is kind of ambiguous since it triggers after a unit is destroyed, and if a unit is destroyed it doesn't take a panic test after all the wounds are allocated, technically skipping the panic test phase of an attack. And if the unit has to take a panic test it makes the card kind of useless or at least very unrealiable, since the unit has only d3 wounds remaining and can easily lose those d3 wounds after failing a panic test. The card already has a downside, it doesn't seem intentional that it should have another downside of just straight up not working 50% of the time due to Greyjoys' bravery of mostly 7+
    Last edited by Shweeble; 11-26-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shweeble View Post
    If a unit is destroyed by an attack and a player uses this card to keep it alive does the unit still have to take a panic test?

Wording is kind of ambiguous since it triggers after a unit is destroyed, and if a unit is destroyed it doesn't take a panic test after all the wounds are allocated, technically skipping the panic test phase of an attack. And if the unit has to take a panic test it makes the card kind of useless or at least very unrealiable, since the unit has only d3 wounds remaining and can easily lose those d3 wounds after failing a panic test. The card already has a downside, it doesn't seem intentional that it should have another downside of just straight up not working 50% of the time due to Greyjoys' bravery of mostly 7+
    Keep in mind that the wound suffered through panic are part of the attack, so you can play WIDMND when a unit gets wiped due to panic.

That's true. That actually never occured to me, I've only played a few games with Greyjoys, and a handfull of times that I had an oppotrunity to use this card my units were being destroyed by attacks and not panic tests.