Dirty reality or comic-book gloss? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dirty reality or comic-book gloss?

Yep, I like both, I just wish I could do both, my minis keep ending up in the comic book theme, although I\'m slowly trying to work the \"dirt\" into my paint jobs. It\'s good to have goals for \'05.

-Eric

Originally posted by Taer
    Have you seenYellowone\'s new Impy G with the eldar tokens?
    Of course. I even have multiple pictures of him still in greenstuff in my mailbox :P Yellow One\'s style is one of the reasons that made me think of trying to paint a more realistic-looking model.

I guess, Chrispy has just put the matter of this discussion straight: dirtied up real stuff painted clean and nice. :)

provoke_me

Default since no1 else did...

ill attempt to post a link to the GW battle damage thingy...
    Battle damage fun fun

sweet it worked!
    anywho i rather enjoy rusting up my minis...
    one can be seen here. heavy bolter emplacement
    seeing as how its ALWAYS in the field i felt it appropriate to weather it a bit. anywho i really need to retake that picture and get it posted on cmon.
    P.S. any comments on the emplacement? Plz PM them to me so as to not hijack this thread. ;)

PROVOKE-ME When I click on your two links I just go to a Microsoft page. (Is this a plot by Bill Gates??).lol

I certainly prefer to paint the grittier style, but still love to look at the super-clean. So, I\'m glad there are artists willing to do both.

jim

I mostly paint them clean. I tried dusty on one cause it fited her, but no blood on my minis, especially if I intend to play with them, it would be unappropriated. I play so bad, they never get to hurt another figure anyway.lol

Orginal gepostet von Shawn R. L.
    PROVOKE-ME When I click on your two links I just go to a Microsoft page. (Is this a plot by Bill Gates??).lol
    No, it\'s the wonders of the missing : after the http ;) Here\'s the link Provoke-me tried to post.

Thank you Mosch. There was some very tasty work on that page.

provoke_me

Default what did i do wrong?

why didnt my link work?
    EDIT: NVM i figured it out...they should work now :)

PF

Message original : green stuff
    @Trevor : OK for mud and blood ... but dented and rusted Power-Armors ??? ? Please ... ;).
    Ouais ça doit être comme les lunettes alors...Traitement anti-rayures mais pas anti-tâches...
    Pour le \"fluff\",textes et illustrations ne cessent de montrer des armures endommagées et ce même en dehors des batailles.T\'es sûr que tu joues pas à Waramour 40000?:D

Message original : PF
    Message original : green stuff
    @Trevor : OK for mud and blood ... but dented and rusted Power-Armors ??? ? Please ... ;).
    Ouais ça doit être comme les lunettes alors...Traitement anti-rayures mais pas anti-tâches...
    Pour le \"fluff\",textes et illustrations ne cessent de montrer des armures endommagées et ce même en dehors des batailles.T\'es sûr que tu joues pas à Waramour 40000?:D
    LOL :)

OK, OK, go for dented. But rusted?

Originally posted by Shawn R. L.
    Thank you Mosch. There was some very tasty work on that page.
    That\'s the tutorial I\'ve been referring to, only didn\'t remember where exactly i\'ve seen it.