What Bits or Furniture do you want? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Bits or Furniture do you want?

- Hope you liked the steel set -
    That was the everyday stuff requested here.
    Couldrons next-
    I just finished the Couldron pot and now am working on the bits of detail- Serpents, Knot work, and Ravens have been mentioned. Any other comments to add. I plan to make it for many uses. Just the right size for boiling oil to pour on your unwelcome guests, yet also great for a nice fire cooked stew.
    Thanks in advance,
    Clay Crutcher
    http://www.modelersattic.com

Default Modern stuff

Specifically right now I\'m looking for a movie camera or camcorder in 28mm scale and some chearleader pompons.
    Briefcases, skateboards/surfboards, traffic coans (stuff I\'ve had to make myself if you\'ve seen my galery).
    But I\'m a bit of an oddball so don\'t know how much other demand for it you\'d have.

Funky hats/helmets would be appreciated by others though I\'m sure.
    (personally I\'d like the sports hat with the 2 beercans and straws!)

Originally posted by modelersattic I have ... even a cutting board with cheese and knife on it.
    That sounds cool. Makes me want a stove and butcher block and other kitcheny furniture. Sure Wizards have their library books, but they gotta eat too.

Say, is there a source for general peasant minis sitting on chairs and stools? You know, when you need to fill the bar scene and players wonder why is everyone in the bar standing with weapons drawn?

A mooning Gnome...:moon:

I could do some sculpts of the surfboard and other stuff, but I am trying to start with wargames furniture & bits first.
    I have done a little research, and for the most part, in the dark ages furniture was sparce. Meaning they did not have a bunch of it, but as for the wood stove, that was not even invented yet, they cooked in the fireplace or outside.
    As for the sitting people I know of a few, but not many. Reaper makes a few townspeople. I guess all mini\'s are mean drunks therefor they want to fight in bars. lol
    A mooning gnome would be funny, but I am trying to do furniture & bits to fill in the kits.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Question.....will you be getting a \"shopping cart\" feature on your online site..was look at your items...great stuff! Also I\'m having trouble figuring out the shipping?:(

I will add one soon, but for now I have the buy now buttons. As for the shipping in the US it costs less than you think. mostly .78 cents. If you email me direct about what you want I will email the shipping costs. Just posted some new pictures. Look at the Elf throne on http://modeleo.tripod.com/id29.html

:D thanks, modelersattic.....

Originally posted by modelersattic
    I have done a little research, and for the most part, in the dark ages furniture was sparce. Meaning they did not have a bunch of it, but as for the wood stove, that was not even invented yet, they cooked in the fireplace or outside.
    Well, I did say I was interested in modern stuff, and that there\'s probably not a market for it. I was actually thinking of a gas stove anyway. (as an aside why are model railroad people content with crappy minis?)

As a medievalist, I take offense at the term \"Dark Ages\" and the idea that they didn\'t have much furniture is ludicrous. I even have a sketch design I took of a 12th century folding chair I saw in a museum once. The fact is that wood and fabric just don\'t last so not a lot has survived.

O.K. a gas stove I misunderstood. As for the railroad minis I don\'t know. And for the furniture, I know they had furniture, but for the most part it was a folding X chair which I am working on now, and trestles that held up planks for tables, also heavily carved pieces. The tables they covered in fine silk and used carpets, tapestries and other fabric to brighten up a room. Also they had lots of pillows. As you said it was all fabric and wood so who knows.;)
    Clay Crutcher
    Modelers Attic

Looks like anything I like bits followed by weapons. I see walls and center pieces have no votes. I was just wondering.
    The newness has worn off and I guess the poll is closed. Thanks everyone:)
    Clay Crutcher
    modelersattic.com

praetorian0_1

I\'d like wizards or alchemist type tables with a setting of some freaky kind built on to them- that\'d be cool:cool:
    You know like flasks, apperati and half burt candles/ skulls- neat junk

How about a 1/2-eaten sandwich to lie on the corner of the wizard\'s desk, next to the pile of books?

I have worked on this a little. A cupboard type desk with bottles and junk. Books, scrolls, and bottles of potions. I will finish it up and post it soon.
    The sandwich is cool, I will add a sandwich to the bits, half eaten and full sandwich.
    Have a good day...
    Clay Crutcher
    Modelers Attic

:D.....how about a full \"kings\" banquet.... ie. a whole roasted pig on a platter with an apple in it\'s mouth, pies and fancy cakes. Goblets of wine and a whole poached fish on a platter...perhaps an ox or stag on a spit.. baskets of fruits and veggies, loafs of bread, wheels of cheese. Hanging game,like rabbits, quails, ropes of peppers and garlic.........

That is possible, but it would take a while to get it done. I will end up with stuff like that, sooner or later. Lamb legs and full pigs on platters are on my todo list. The whole King\'s table will follow as soon as possible.
    Thanks for the post:)
    Clay Crutcher
    Modelers Attic

praetorian0_1

That is very cool stuff you got going there man. Hey, did you see that thread on mini food- I thought Finn or someone put it up. It hurt the mindlol
    My building sure could use the hand with fine detail like that!

No I missed the post on mini food, but I could stay busy for years doing all this detail stuff. Thats why I got into it, you always have new stuff to sculpt. Anyway the food section is not even close to being open yet. I still have to fill in the kits I offer now. Then I will get to the food. My next piece is going to be an Elf door, with extras. What jewel should I put above it?
    Clay Crutcher
    Modelers Attic

After moving furniture for eight hours yesterday, I\'d prefer not to look at any for a while. (Hell, it took two big men to move my headboard to my bed.)

How about an old, empty gallows? I\'m imagining lots of chaos/mordheim/diorama possibilities with it....:)