Chick Challenge
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Chick Challenge

Default Chick Challenge

One of the best contests on the web is starting again and this may be the last time:

Chick Challenge V

thanks for the link, i hope i can participate with my reapers dana murphy or one of the beatiful sophie sculpts!
    i never participated in an online contest so is it allowed to enter 72 mm minis?

If I remember correctly there isn\'t a size limit and Jason puts them into size groups anyway also grouped as fantasy or sci-fi etc, the idea is that entries are unidentified until after judging.

Unfortunately I can\'t fit it in this year as I am away for the deadlines, I was really looking forward to making an entry for this as well, I might try and get an entry in though if the confuser onboard will let me e-mail pics as it is tempramental as hell at the best of times.

Originally posted by War Griffon
    Unfortunately I can\'t fit it in this year as I am away for the deadlines, I was really looking forward to making an entry for this as well, I might try and get an entry in though if the confuser onboard will let me e-mail pics as it is tempramental as hell at the best of times.
    I find that keeping a big hammer in the server room works wonders sometimes.
    Either that, or throw them a skinny spotty little wretch to chew on now and again helps as well. lol

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    I find that keeping a big hammer in the server room works wonders sometimes.
    Either that, or throw them a skinny spotty little wretch to chew on now and again helps as well. lol
    Unfortunately its not a case of the system being unreliable but the fact that its a military system and that it goes via god knows where before it gets to its destination and if like last time when I was away we sent picture files or word documents they left us fine but were un-viewable when they got to the destination.

My brother still has this problem when he sends me stuff across the network and he is on a more modern floating tin can than the rust bucket I am with :D

Coupled with the fact that I am not sure when we are alongside and were.

I might send Jason a few pics before I go though and hope I can get to a cyber cafe or something before the deadline for the completed paint work has to be in.

It was mentioned to me that you needed to take a picture of the goodness(mini) before you start as well unpainted.

thanks for the link! one of my new years resolutions was to start to try to enter contests and this one is of course a great one. Now to figure out what to do...

-Eric

if you want to win: search for a new chick to paint,
    if you want to totally huminiate the competition enter the maiden ;)

@tab i read the rules and it says you have to send a pre painting shot along with the pic of the final miniature but it might be primed (the miniatue, not the picture)

Originally posted by Joshua
    if you want to win: search for a new chick to paint,
    if you want to totally huminiate the competition enter the maiden ;)

@tab i read the rules and it says you have to send a pre painting shot along with the pic of the final miniature but it might be primed (the miniatue, not the picture)
    Yup, and it also says that you can\'t show the pictures anywhere until the winners are decided, so luckily we don\'t have to compete with The Maiden ;)lol

Aw man, it\'s the last one? I kept meaning to enter this, but never did... Maybe I\'ll try and squeeze this into my busy schedule. I\'d like to enter one of the special CC minis (I like the biker but her bike, frankly, is rather lame) but would it reach me by Feb. 6 if I ordered it now? I dunno...

Originally posted by Astonia
    Yup, and it also says that you can\'t show the pictures anywhere until the winners are decided, so luckily we don\'t have to compete with The Maiden ;)lol
    phew, ok, i forgot that part :)
    god save the unreasonable small print! :moon:

@nsa february 6th, thats more than 3 weeks, i guess most of the mini companies easily ship below that but i never ordered from the company that produces the biker girl

Hm... I\'ve never entered a competition before. What the heck, I\'m in too. Meant to paint that model for some time now anyway...

I know! I saw chick challenge and I thought \"I just finished a chick!\" then read about the can\'t be posted anywhere rule and I had already shown her to all of you, SO I\'ll just have to work on something new, perhaps I\'ll try to refine the sparkley dress technique...hmmm...

I also didn\'t have a \"before\" shot...although I had thought about running out to get a new one to prime up for a before :innocent:

I really try to enter these things. But something always gets in teh way. Friggin real life.:flame:

Originally posted by Ebonbuddha
    Friggin real life.:flame:
    Come again??? Real life, never heard of...lol

I\'m gonna try to produce something for this, but with the Hammer competition, an exchange mini, Paint Aid, and Atlanta GD all looming, I am not sure if I will manage it or not.

Plus, I\'m so far from winning level it\'s not even funny. lol

^
    |
    |
    |

Have to agree with Darth up there. Interested, but almost not worth my time considering all this other good stuff going on around here. Still .. might have to paint up Freya Fangbreaker for the hell of it.

Aiya!!

I bought a mini for Chick Challenge III and never got around to entering. Maybe this time I can do it!!

I wonder if Jason will accept a mini that\'s got a little paint on it? I started painting a figure just last night, but she\'s only got flesh tone on her so far. I can\'t get to his site from work. Guess it\'s the word \"chick\" in the title. :(

Originally posted by darthfoley
    Plus, I\'m so far from winning level it\'s not even funny. lol
    If I let that stop me I wouldn\'t have entered two CMON contests and the Headblast.de \"Smurf Contest\". All of the resultant minis are among my better work! I can sympathize with being busy though.

sniffles - just strip off the paint that\'s on there, and then take a pic. It doesn\'t sound like you\'d be set back much...

Originally posted by No Such Agency
    If I let that stop me I wouldn\'t have entered two CMON contests and the Headblast.de \"Smurf Contest\".
    True. However, I don\'t think with all the work I\'ve got to do, that I\'d even be up to my own usual level, much less able to step it up a little. :)