PAINT AID: PHASE 2 - Page 12
Page 12 of 95 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: PAINT AID: PHASE 2

Sakura, there\'s a box of 24 (?) gnoblars in the Army deal that Dragonsreach\'s getting, so I guess there will be enough for all the gnoblar painters assigned so far :)

Maybe those who can\'t get their miniatures from Games Workshop can buy them off of Ebay.
    -James

I thnk that with the minis that have already been pledged by various members there should be no need for people to have to spend anything. I wouldn\'t recommend buying the minis off e-bay, lets wait until Dragonsreach updates us and take it from there. If necessary I live very close to GWHQ Nottingham and everything that is currently available can be gotten from there. It is not a problem for me to go and pick stuff up that we are short of and post it out to the relevant people.
    But before we do anything like I said lets wait for an update from DR and take it from there then we can work out what we need, who has got what to donate if anything and then whatever the shortfall is if it is available then I can get it from GWHQ.

Hello every body,

it\'s my first post here.
    Just a question about the assignments: there is a round 4 planned ?
    For the moment, in the PaintAid website, i have no figure to paint... may be i didn\'t see the post here.

Originally posted by Yandegio
    Hello every body,

For the moment, in the PaintAid website, i have no figure to paint... may be i didn\'t see the post here.

Yes there is a 4th part to the list still to be printed so you should hopefully get your assignment soon.

Hi All

As far as I am aware, Tammy is just trying to add in any extra people to the lists so that everyone who wants to join in can join in the mayhem. Sorry about the delay - i also think we should have a better idea about what minis we have had donated tonight too!!

Woohoo!

Thanks DR again for all your effort!

Originally posted by Yandegio
    Hello every body,

Planned-Yes Posted-No

Hopefully, the last of us will see something soon, it is frustrating just trying to be patient and wait quietly.

Frustrated Father- Excellent post, I think you have echoed the sentiments of many of us like myself who don\'t want to come across as complainers but feel like we are somewhat in the dark and wish we knew better what was going on.

Dragonreach (Mike)- Just as Frustrated Father and I posted earlier, we expect that you will post a way to get fund to you to cover your costs. When the time is write please let us know how we can help do this.

Everyone else- Keep up the good work !!!!

Wolf_Fang

still offering to do a display stand for the army and or movement trays... but as imed to tracy i think it was.. i need to know ASAP and also need to know measurements for movement trays (width and leinght of ranked up minis and base depth (the way i will make them is by simply making the base slightly larger then the size of the ranked up about 1\\8\" then simply adding 1\\8 siding) as for the display base basicly the same thing.. only i will need a picture with what slot sizes you want where... and i need this info fast if im to do it (no guarentees i can but i will try) the reson i need this info so soon is because there\'s only about 5 days left in the semester....

Originally posted by Wolf_Fang
    still offering to do a display stand for the army and or movement trays... but as imed to tracy i think it was.. i need to know ASAP and also need to know measurements for movement trays (width and leinght of ranked up minis and base depth (the way i will make them is by simply making the base slightly larger then the size of the ranked up about 1\\8\" then simply adding 1\\8 siding) as for the display base basicly the same thing.. only i will need a picture with what slot sizes you want where... and i need this info fast if im to do it (no guarentees i can but i will try) the reson i need this info so soon is because there\'s only about 5 days left in the semester....
    I believe someone answered this earlier, but if you missed it, the movement trays have been donated by the company Gale Force Nine. Awfully kind of them.

Thanks for the enthusiasm though, I\'m sure that would have been the next alternative.

Wolf_Fang

i guesse il\'l just stick to spreading the word then lol

Once apon a time.....

There was an idea,

Which grew and developed and became....

PAINT AID.

Then Paint Aid came to life and the Family grew up.

.......And as they grew up they had lots and lots and lots and lots of little ones.

Which someone thought would look good as an Army!

Ok!

Here\'s the skinny.

[align=center]
    I now have EVERYTHING for the 3000 point army, with the exception of the Maneaters![/align]

WHOOOOOT!

Now comes the task of distribution, which will start in earnest on Saturday.

I do believe that that is what they would call tension...lol

1 minute late- now my post looks stupid.

Anyway, I\'ll confirm that the army is in the hands of Mike.

I have seen it.:)

Great ain\'t it?lol

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:flip:

Can\'t wait to start painting!

Jakob Nielsen

Greetings Fellow Paint Aiders,

Alright, some news on the un-released figure front and miniatures in general:

I have been in contact with the \'local\' (Northern Europe) GW office where the project was thought very well off. They are in but we have not worked out the details yet or found out how we are to distribute the miniatures. Furthermore, they proposed to write something about the project on the new GW Nothern Europe website - both to spread the word and to describe the project from a hobby-perspective which I think is just fine.

Now, I will probably be mailing back and forth with GW the next few days and hopefully the army with be on its way sometime next week.

Until then (or till further news appear): Keep the enthusiasm high and why not paint a miniature for your own pleasure while you wait...

Best Regards,
    Jakob Rune Nielsen

:wow::o:wow:

weeee-yay!

Painting time!

Oh, I had a question, would it be ok to do a presentation base (With the mini of course on a standard size base which could come out of the presentation). Just the Tyrant takes up so much of the standard size base, there isn\'t the room for much flare! And I have a little idea for flare after reading about the weapon he was given...:D

hm yep im plaing to give the ogre a cool snowbase for uploading a picture but dont glue him onto so i can make another base for the army :)
    after thinking about uploading pictures ... i guess many of us would like to upload their jobs so heres my question: should we link the auction from all our uploaded images? it will highly boost the attention on the project but on the other hand it would be really really unfair for the \"ordinary\" auction users if 90% of the minis are linked to only one great auction.
    i think someone mentioned creating an account (hope someone already did ;)) for paintaid and then uploading the images just via that account and featuring the auction from this account.
    however, i think most people using the cmon page on a regular basis know about paintaid anyway so it might be enought promotion with only one link to the auction.
    just wondering :rolleyes:

Wolf_Fang

agreed... and as things come along i will keep the communities updated with the workings of the project