PAINT AID: PHASE 2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: PAINT AID: PHASE 2

Originally posted by Joshua
    hm but the 82 would include gnoblars right?
    i dotn want to be the killjoy but if i get allocated 2 gnoblars i will have to pay around 18$ for sending it to the us w/o insurance, tracking etc
    thats 9$ for one gnoblar without the actual price! :)
    The way I see it, your math is correct and it is a possibility that someone MAY only get a gnoblar or two to paint. ( If you check with Tammi, that is exactly what I volunteered for, not that I don\'t like the ogres, but want them to go to the more talented painter.)

Let me remind you that this is charity, and I prepared for some out of pocket cost to support this event. To keep this project timely we all need to prepare to ship our items First Class Air Mail, since my experience overseas with anything less would cause this project to take months to complete.

no need to reming me, i know exactly what we are doing this for.
    if you would have read further i said that i dont have a problem with it, just wanted to make it clear
    if everybody spends 20€ on mins and 20€ on shipping and the final price for the army is €1000 then the fact that it was \"charity\" doenst help much :)

i suggest sending all euro minis to one trustful person and then ship it via airmail to the us, from what i see thats the best option :)

but i\'ll stop to discuss right now since i dont want to fill this thread with useless arguments when the higher ups are working on the subject :)

i suggest sending all euro minis to one trustful person and then ship it via airmail to the us, from what i see thats the best option :)

but i\'ll stop to discuss right now since i dont want to fill this thread with useless arguments when the higher ups are working on the subject :)
    No need to apologize, I think you have raised a fair point. If it is possible to get our armies from two sources, one in Europe and one in the US, maybe that might help with distibution costs? I agree that the higher ups are probably aware of this, I was only trying to remind us all that there undoubtably will be costs that each of us should be prepared to shoulder.

Update

All you guys are right...
    we will need to organize from both continents and there by saving the initial postage costs for all involved. Though this is charity the goal is to be a careful and
    respectful of everybody\'s money.
    We are all so willing to help each other I do not see this being a problem.
    It is time is to get our ducks in a row and yes indeed we are lining them up:0

I will get up the work in progress pictures for the gallery on site Joshua
    If you all can will please email your WIP pictures for the Paint Aid Site it will save a few steps for me.... but if not I will pull from here to add to the gallery there. Hopes that is OK with all

I\'m confused, people seem to be painting and converting...Were minis assigned and I missed it ???

-Eric

No list yet
    I think people are experimenting just for the joy of it:flip::bouncy::flip:

thats perfectly right! :duh:
    if we already have some orges here why not getting carried away? :)
    by the way, im sure you people are taking care of it but i suggest not sealing them before they arrived in the states.
    its you guys who have the infamous testors stuff to guarantee for a coherent and good finish
    i would gladly donate money for you buying dullcoat if necessary!
    and btw #2: i\'m ouhkay with sending you pics vial email :]

darnit! I was secretly hoping it was just that I was slow and hadn\'t noticed.

eager me!

-Eric

Originally posted by EricJ
    darnit! I was secretly hoping it was just that I was slow and hadn\'t noticed.

eager me!

-Eric
    Nope. You\'re in the same boat as the rest of us. Just itching to get started.

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    You\'re in the same boat as the rest of us. Just itching to get started.
    I second that! I think we all feel kinda like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Originally posted by Braveheart712
    Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    You\'re in the same boat as the rest of us. Just itching to get started.
    I second that! I think we all feel kinda like a kid waiting for Christmas.
    It\'s worse than christmas, I didn\'t get any minis for christmas! :D

hm but the 82 would include gnoblars right?
    i dotn want to be the killjoy but if i get allocated 2 gnoblars i will have to pay around 18$ for sending it to the us w/o insurance, tracking etc
    thats 9$ for one gnoblar without the actual price! :)

dont get me wrong i dont want to part, and if the worst case occurs i would even send you 2 gnoblars
    btw check the wip thread for my first two converted orges :)
    That seems really expensive, I live in the uk and recently sent some minatures to the U.S.A, they weighed about 150 grams and cost less than £2.

yes but its the cheapest option i checked it on the internet and even called at the post office and some independent companies
    but its not really news that everything is incredible expensive in germany :(

You can add me to that list of the waiting impatiently...lol

Note for Minimaker
    I have placed a link to your project on both sites if you get more for me to use like banner etc just let me know I will work it in :)
    Tammys list should be soon but we have no word that I know of yet, as soon as we do you all will be the first to know.
    Hang in there :innocent:

Default Figures...

Originally posted by Frustrated Father

They moved to the Mall of Georgia.
    Figures...so they didn\'t close, just fled further north. Oh well, just adds another 20 - 30 minutes to a trip that was already a pain in the arse.... ;)

Guess I\'ll just check back with the Warroom this weekend.

Thanks for the information!

Cheers,
    Grumb

by the way, im sure you people are taking care of it but i suggest not sealing them before they arrived in the states.
    its you guys who have the infamous testors stuff to guarantee for a coherent and good finish
    i would gladly donate money for you buying dullcoat if necessary!
    I\'m with Joshua on this one.
    I don\'t usually seal my minis because they\'re for display only, so I have no experience doing it.
    Don\'t get me wrong, I\'ll gladly do it, but if someone with more experience is willing to do it, I would rather pay them for the trouble than experiment on such an important mini.

(*tap* tap*tap* tap ... Peering at monitor, clock and monitor again while looking for list ...)

What time is it in the UK again?

:rolleyes:

FF: It\'s 22:03

Default Is it too late?

To change armies?

kidding ONLY KIDDING...

my you\'re a testy bunch!