Anyone seen a sleeping mini?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen a sleeping mini?

Default Anyone seen a sleeping mini?

Hi Everyone - I\'m looking for a mini in a sleeping position - on their side with eyes closed, preferably with a weapon in their hand, but doesn\'t have to have one.

I found a thread where FF posted all the manufacturer links and I\'ve gone to almost every one of them, but haven\'t found a single sleeping mini. Unfortunately, a sleeping position is completely different than most of the \"fighting\" or even standing stances and cloaks, etc. fall differently while lying down vs. standing so I\'d have a hard time converting a standing mini to a sleeping one.

If you\'ve seen one or have a link to a manufacturer that isn\'t listed on that entire thread please let me know. (Sorry, can\'t remember the thread name, but I think I got there from a Cool Things thread. I\'ve got a bad cold and am not thinking or remembering very well right now.)

Thanks for all your help!

Dawn

douglasgreen

Default Hope you\'re cold gets better soon......

.....haven\'t a clue about the mini though:rolleyes:I can\'t think of any manufacturer that makes one,this must be one of the most difficult figures to find,It\'ll be interesting to see who does!:D;)

Default Thanks!

Yeah, this d**m thing sucks. I have so much to do and I spend most of my time running for tissues or wiping my watering eyes!

As for the mini, I think you\'re right. I\'m not even sure one exists (hint,hint Minimaker) because a fighter sleeping on the job just does not exist - right? Anway, I hope if enough people keep their eyes peeled I\'ll learn of one eventually.

Hmm, I thought Ral Partha did one but I may be wrong. I have not seen anything recently though. It would be interesting to see if there is one out there.

Do you have any requirements/ Race, Sex, Class?

THere was one of a woman laying on an altar.. but i think she was attached to the altar.. not sure of the manufacturer, but it may jog someones memory

Originally posted by ilynx2k4
    THere was one of a woman laying on an altar.. but i think she was attached to the altar.. not sure of the manufacturer, but it may jog someones memory
    I think Reaper did that one.

Default Sex....?

Originally posted by Drake Farstrider
    Hmm, I thought Ral Partha did one but I may be wrong. I have not seen anything recently though. It would be interesting to see if there is one out there.

Do you have any requirements/ Race, Sex, Class?
    Actually, I\'d like to do a female human (possibly elf) fighter. At this point, though, I won\'t be picky seeing as how there just aren\'t any out there.

I did a search of \"sleeping\" on the Painting/Conversion thread and had so many hits I can\'t go through them all. Of course most of them were about the lack of sleep we all get painting these darn pieces of lead...

Well I just went through the Reaper catalouge and there is one that could work with some conversion.

http://www.reapermini.com/gallery/2600s/2627_G

As for the Alter Reaper did do one it is called the Alter of evil and is number 02580.

Default Thanks...

Originally posted by Drake Farstrider
    Well I just went through the Reaper catalouge and there is one that could work with some conversion.

http://www.reapermini.com/gallery/2600s/2627_G

As for the Alter Reaper did do one it is called the Alter of evil and is number 02580.
    ...but I was hoping for a more natural sleeping position - mainly on the side. Now my aunt used to sleep that way, but I don\'t think most people do.:D

I tried to look up #02580 on the Reaper site, but it says it doesn\'t exist. I\'m assuming it\'s on old model that\'s been discontinued. I\'ll have to keep my eyes open at the LGS and see if one turns up in the \"get rid of\" bin, especially since they\'re moving and trying to get rid of some stock.

I made one sleeping on its back out of a empire box of swordsmen. The GW plastic sprue. All I had to do is cut the torso and arms a little so it would lay flat. I used the one with the slit long jacket. The hands are behind the head. I also used greenstuff on the eyes. I then used a belt sander on the back of the model before I put it on the bunk. It is in a jail bunk on one of my models. Funny thing is you can\'t even see it, unless you look in the cell.

Default Hadn\'t thought....

...of plastic. Thanks for the info.

Red, I am not sure if this would work, (pardon the CRAPPY paint job it was when I was just learning!)
    anyhow, this is reaper vampire (will have to look up the number) she would have to be cut off her cross she is leaning on, and you would have to paint her eyes closed, not hard to do there, as for the weapon.. not sure how to to that? any how it was just an idea!
    Gin

2632: Jahenna, Vampire

The Reaper one is still in production, just drop the 0 in the front of the number for the catalog. Reaper also has that female as a bit without the altar here.

Originally posted by Valloa
    The Reaper one is still in production, just drop the 0 in the front of the number for the catalog. Reaper also has that female as a bit without the altar here.
    Whoops that was my bad, Casket works has the 0 in front of the number. I forgot that their web site does not put the 0 infront. :D

Wow with a little conversion that could work out quite well.

While looking on Iron Wind Metals, page I found a mini that could work as well.

Sorceress on Palanquin w/ Slavebearers

Oh that one is much better than the one I posted good job Orchid_Noir! :)
    Gin

Shadzar

how about this one?

with a little something to lean on this prisoner could appear to be sleeping.

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=Individual&code=9947011203012&orignav= 9

Orchid_Noir

I picked up a couple of her @ ReaperCon last year, and I remembered that Jen Haley had one her on CMON. Just linked up her pic and the page in the reaper store for just the \"victim.\" And sorry Valloa for posting the same info, hadn\'t made it down to your post yet when I hit reply. :duh:

And BTW Shadzar, I LOVE that fig. :)

Default Thanks everyone!

I knew I should\'ve posted that thread before searching for HOURS through all the different sites. I thought I\'d gone through all of Reaper\'s stuff, but apparently not. (Or I was so brain-dead and/or watery-eyed I just didn\'t see that one.)

Thanks again!:bouncy: