Doctor Who? Doctor WTF.......
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who? Doctor WTF.......

Default Doctor Who? Doctor WTF.......

After all the trailers. Clips. Hype.

It was never going to live up to expectations, but MY GOD! What UTTER PIFFLE!

Honestly, it was like watching a bad pantomime. I was filled with dread when I saw the mannequins, but the \'belching wheely bin of doom\' was too much.

Disappointed:(

Have to disagree with you there. There were four of us just watching and we all agreed it was awesome! Chris did a great job as the Doctor and Billie played off well against him as Rose. Some of the effects were a bit dodgy (to be expected), but we all enjoyed the humour, including the belching bin (Dr Who meets Red Dwarf almost)! lol We will definitely be watching next week. :D

Regards

Kat

I never intended to watch it as a serious piece of sci - fi, so it didn\'t hurt me any...in fact it had me laughing out loud several times!!

I liked it as a cheesy parody :D

Shaz

I take it there is a new series bannering that name?

The only Dr. Who I am familiar with here is the classic, although that word seems mighty strong to define it...

Default I didn\'t even bother switching the TV on

I guess it\'s like Marmite. You either love it, or you hate it:D

(Yes Jim, we have had weeks of promos, specials etc. Although i didn\'t watch it, I am already sick to death of it;) )

...you did right Finn!

I\'d like to know how much money was ploughed into that garbage! I only watched it out of morbid interest. Anyone ever see \'Crash\'??!

Default Gotta agree

Originally posted by kittykat23uk
    Have to disagree with you there. There were four of us just watching and we all agreed it was awesome! Chris did a great job as the Doctor and Billie played off well against him as Rose. Some of the effects were a bit dodgy (to be expected), but we all enjoyed the humour, including the belching bin (Dr Who meets Red Dwarf almost)! lol We will definitely be watching next week. :D

Regards

Kat
    Five minutes in and I thought he\'d never been away:D

Brilliant! - even if they did nick the dummys from the Avengers!lol

Just what do some of you expect?

Errr.... a decent script and storyline would be a start! Red Dwarf did the comedy much better!

One of my friends commented that \"Tom Baker got away with it\"...

...nearly 25 years ago. And he\'s doing comedic voice overs now....

Wish I was over there with you guys, I loved the original and would kill for a taste of Who!

Even if it was cheeeezy.:D

I grew up on that show... Man, I wish there was a US distributor.

Broke n English

Default I went to bed...

...as that\'s like a tardis (once I get in it takes me ages to find my way out!) lol
    @Temperance--They\'ll probably release it on DVD,I don\'t see how they can\'t as the fan market is huge! :rolleyes: You\'ll be able to get it at Amazon soon no doubt,I\'ll let you know if I see it around ;)

Ok it was poor, but having watch The Doctor since it started, I wasn\'t too dissapointed. Hey, I was expecting crap and got something slightly better. Granted there were seriously dodgy moments and big holes in the story, but it\'s no worse than some other stuff that\'s been classed as SF in the past.

.........Anyone in the UK remember Ian Hendry in a SF/Space version of Don Quixote. That was pulled after 3 weeks of a 10 week run. Complete and utter drivel even for the 60\'s/70\'s.

Oh, and can anyone tell me why \'Andromeda\' is still showing?

But please don\'t forget that Eddie Izzard was originally \"In the Frame\" to play the Doctor. :o

Originally posted by Spacemunkie
    Errr.... a decent script and storyline would be a start!

errrr, did you ever watch the other series of Doctor Who? what decent script and storyline?? It was naff, it\'s still naff and I loved it! Not to mention that it\'s the best looking doctor yet ;) gonna watch it again tonight on beeb 3, nice little warm up for the last episode of Casanova.....David Tennant.......yum.......(who apparently is a big doc who fan....bless him)

Well I enjoyed it! Not perfect, but blimey, neither was the original!

Think many of us memories of it from childhood. I think the ultimate review should come from my 7 year old - one of the new generation who may get hooked.

Instinctively at the first \"scary\" bit, he had hold of a cushion and started covering his face. repeated manytimes.
    At the end, he couldn\'t wait for the next episode!! It obviously worked it its most important level - scaring kids!

Looking foward to more!

Rob

...and we wonder how the BBC and ITV get away with piss-poor programming....:rolleyes:

Oh, and can anyone tell me why \'Andromeda\' is still showing?

Call me elitist, but it seems like the kind of mentally-unchallenging SF that is just complex enough to make its viewers feel like they\'re watching \"smart\" TV, but still formulaic enough to not really be unique in any way. Also, Laura Bertram.

/waiting for the \"Firefly\" movie...

Originally posted by No Such Agency

Waiting for the \"Firefly\" movie...
    Make that two of us!!!!!

I thought it was utter crap.
    Ecclestone was ok and warmed on me a bit.
    Piper was crap,only reason she got the job was cos shes in the papers over that Evans bloke.
    I always liked the comic aspect from Tom Baker,somehow the comedy on this didnt work for me.

I would have liked to see something darker and more serious with better effects and sets.They should have had the Daleks or Cybermen in the first episode,that would have worked better.

And they are going to make the Daleks fly/hovver.......:(

Originally posted by Klute

And they are going to make the Daleks fly/hovver.......:(
    They already worked out how to get over the stairs problem by hovering back in the 80s. ;)

I still sat and watched it and the kids were glued.
    Maybe its meant more for them.

I think it was more dissapointing cos it was hyped that much and theres not much else to talk about tv wise and I was looking forward to it,trying to justify paying the liscenece fee.