I dont find what is the PB with my queen Eaobhinn

Thread: I dont find what is the PB with my queen Eaobhinn

Default I dont find what is the PB with my queen Eaobhinn

http://www.coolminiornot.com/85197
    It\'s my new gael ... I give her a manga look (like to my others) because i want make a diorama with Eriu 84747 and Llysa 82535 :-)
    But, I\'m not realy satisfied ... I dont know why ... If you can say me :-)

Maybe you\'re not happy with the piece because of a slight lack of contrast. A little depth in the recesses and some intelligent black-lining will enhance the piece. The skills are all in place quite clearly :)

I agree completely with Rev, you need darklining between the flesh parts and the jewerly and the cloth! The piece is very well painted, it is just pretty flat, need depth, a good example would be the scroll work on the knife and her cloak.
    Over all nice work.
    Gin

Great job the mini is gorgeous.... although I am still trying to make sense of the title of this thread....lollol;)

Supervike, You don\'t work with kids do you, :D

it\'s easy to read...
    translation follows...
    I do not know what is the problem with my Queen .... rest of message is not translatable..lol
    Gin

Vey nice looking mini you got there ansquer. As it stands now I think you got a mini that will fall between 8-8.5. Very clean, it does need a little umpf to it. As Rev and Gin stated some dark-lining would help. I also think the NMM is a little flat and looks simialer to the stone on the base. I hope this may help with your dilema.

First, the freehand on the cape is excellent and as everyone has said, you clearly have the skills to paint top notch miniatures. I would also agree that the separation between elements is not as clearly defined as it could be ... I wouldn\'t go so far as to use black lining (I think black would look out of place on this very light miniatures), but some thinned Reaper flesh shade ink along the skin/item edges would go a long way towards helping define the items.

Good luck and keep up the great work.
    jim

That is an amazing paint job! Looks just like a figure from the cover of an adventure book.
    As far as improving it, I\'m not sure why, but the eyes\\expression bugs me a lot. As for black\\brown lining- am I the only one who sees thin brown lines between the skin and clothes?

Default Thx !

I have to do a dark lining... and work my nmm... I will do that for my Diorama ... thx a lot !

Ok my english is very bad! you can laugh :P
    A little joke : what is a man who speak two languages ... a bilingual ... three languages ... a trilingual ... only one ... a french lol
    (Arthur et Cedric ! Je vous avais qu\'on se foutrait de ma gueule :( )

It\'s not that the lining isn\'t there ... it\'s just a little too subtle to make the elements as distinct as they could be. Speaking from experience, this is an area that I have received much nagging (and continue to receive some) over the years of my development as a painter.

jim

Originally posted by ansquer

A little joke : what is a man who speak two languages ... a bilingual ... three languages ... a trilingual ... only one ... a french lol
    or American!

But I agree, the darklining is a bit to subtle on this one and the nmm could be improved, although it does show good promise.

Along with more contrast I would say that in the shadow areas the colors could be richer, more saturated. The whole piece is rather pastel. Nice work.

Broke n English

Default Hi Ansquer...

...great to see you in the forums!! :D Nice figures,it\'s one of my favourites of yours so far,beautiful paintjob! ;) I can understand that \'not satisfied\' feeling,I think everyone gets that ;) I agree with all the tips given,I\'m no use lol Looking forward to seeing the diorama! (great joke lol )

Originally posted by Gin1906
    Supervike, You don\'t work with kids do you, :D

it\'s easy to read...
    translation follows...
    I do not know what is the problem with my Queen .... rest of message is not translatable..lol
    Gin
    I believe it translates as \"Yvonne\" (I have known at least 3 women named \"siobhin\" pronounced shi-VON)