Bad news V good news....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad news V good news....

Default Bad news V good news....

I was in touch with Chern Ann yesterday and I managed to find out a couple of things he wanted me to pass on....

The bad news:....CMON is likely to be down for a 24 hour period during the next few days......:(

The good news:.....We are swapping to a new server so CMON should be much slicker and quicker when it returns......:D

Hooray!!!:bouncy::flip::bouncy:

Let us know what day it is, and I\'ll work that day instead of in teh week:D

And I\'m glad its moving, its been a bit painful recenetly trying to keep up with my voting!

Shaz

Slicker and quicker?
    Wow.

.096 seconds to load page.

If I blink, I miss it.

Default Sorry Shaz...

I can\'t help you with that level of detail. Chern says he\'d, \"....anticipate the move to be within the next 48 hours....\". That\'s as close as you are going to get. You will just have to strap yourself in and brace yourself for \'cold turkey\'.:D

@ Naukhel:You are lucky mate. I have had to limit my moderation of comments to the early hours of the morning. Which is a good excuse to stay up late with a bottle of Jack, but I am not sure how long I could have kept it up....;)

Me thinks that 0.096 seconds is page generation time, whereas I\'d guess at the speed issues being bandwidth related, not? More bandwidth will definitely mean more voting. :)

So, without knowing exactly when, we\'re going to have our drips ripped out? Our meds are going to wear off suddenly? Oh man, this place just is not going to be pretty when we all come back in droves to fill the forums with our paranoia, cynicism and poor wit. Noooo, I think I\'ll take 48 hours off, just to let you gibbering freaks settle down a bit - before being one myself. :innocent:

This means that all posting counters will be reset, mind you all....lollol

Originally posted by marineboy
    This means that all posting counters will be reset, mind you all....lollol
    Don\'t care about that, however anyone touches my vote count and they will lose parts of their anatomy!

Shaz

A day?

A WHOLE DAY?

*looks around furtively, trying to find possible forum fixes*

Hoorah for a faster CMON though!

Woohoo!
    :bouncy:

I suppose this will divert my attention to the essay I was supposed to do.. :)

Great to see the speed issue being sorted out..!

:bouncy:

E-Arkham

Bear in mind that the \"page generated\" ratings are not the time it takes the page to load, but the time it takes the server to process the page. Actual page load time will always be longer than that.

If he\'s transferring over the databases, there\'s no reason for us to lose votes, comments, images, or anything else.

Save your panic for revelations about the book \"To Serve Mankind.\"

Kep

Weeeeee .... :flip::bouncy::flip:
    Great to know we\'ll have a faster and slicker CMON :D
    And nice to know chern is still out there somwhere taking care of us :D don\'t forget to thank him :)

I wasn\'t expecting anything to be lost post wise or vote wise, just a general warning to the world at large :D

Shaz

E-Arkham

But what about \"To Serve Mankind\"!?

It\'s a cookbook! A COOKBOOK!!

<panics>

Kep

E-Arkham, that one was one of my Favorite Twilight Zones! (or was it Outer Limits????) I also liked the one about the guy who loved to read, then he survived a huge war, was the only one left with all of the books, could read all he wanted, until he broke his glasses. So sad:~(
    (this was a totally useless post!)
    Gin

Message original : Gin1906
    E-Arkham, that one was one of my Favorite Twilight Zones! (or was it Outer Limits????) I also liked the one about the guy who loved to read, then he survived a huge war, was the only one left with all of the books, could read all he wanted, until he broke his glasses. So sad:~(
    (this was a totally useless post!)
    Gin
    What about the one where a bar next to a lost road is used as a meeting point for various aliens expecting to invade the Earth?
    Sorry...:duh:

Default WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I was talking about this yesterday actually. that I have been here almost a year, and havent seen much of chern. Its wonderful to know that he is still helping CMON along! Tell him thank you please!

A day without you buggers would be a tonic indeed. God bless Chern!

Default Rev...

You are a little ray of sunlight as always:flip:

\"To Serve Mankind\"...I wonder what kind of recipes are listed?;)

My grandfather told a story about a saté guy (this was in Indonesia, go out and eat iIndonesian, you\'ll forget all about chicken vinadaloo) who was arrested for grave-robbing....claimed the guy served the best saté he\'d ever tasted....:innocent:lol

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

:o CMON down for 24 hours.......what ever shall I do?

maybe do some painting for a change lol:flip:;)