Silene Relief (from Volks Orient Hero Series)

Thread: Silene Relief (from Volks Orient Hero Series)

Default Silene Relief (from Volks Orient Hero Series)

Another large kit for me (I\'m really enjoying painting the big stuff).

This has been on my \"grail\" list from the moment I saw it and I was lucky enough to find one a few weeks ago ... well, here she is. I\'m not familiar w/ the story behind the kit, but given the name Relief and what appears to be a mother/daughter with Silene in the role of mother, I figured she was either relieved to have found her daughter or is giving the daughter relief from some pain. In the close-ups of her face, you can hopefully tell that Silene is holding back tears.

Here are a couple of collages:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/90470
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/90469

I hope that you like her,
    jim

Default Wowsers!

Another amazing job Jim!

It\'s not a sculpt that appeals to me, but everyone has their own \'Grail\'

;)

Default indeed...

It seems to be a mini that fits in wonderfully with your soft, creamy style.

Good stuff.

Default Hah! To anyone other than Jim......

Originally posted by supervike
    That could sound almost insulting...:D

I don\'t think she has enough wings.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words ...

@ NSA ... ROTFLMAO

jim

Originally posted by finn17
    Originally posted by supervike
    That could sound almost insulting...:D
    Very true!! Actually, I used almost the same comment on the other website I frequent...

Cool Peanut butter or not.

provoke_me

Default wow

voted on both. nice job!

Amazing job, I relly like the mini and like jim said it goes perfectly with your style. And great job on the tears I\'s been wondering if it was possible to do tears on a minis, guess I have the answer :P

@frenchkid ... about the tears, I very carefully painted some Liquitex high-gloss varnish on the lower lid of her eye. Obviously, that was a bit easier w/ a large figure, but I think the technique is applicable to any ... it\'s just not going to be as obvious on a 28mm fig because it\'s pretty subtle even on this piece. :)

jim

Lovely mini! Nice atmosphere.. Definately suits your style. How large is it? Would love to paint one of those myself sometimes.. :)

She\'s very close to 14\" tall ... roughly 1/6 scale but I don\'t believe it was ever specified in a scale.

They are very hard to come by ... I had been looking for several years and found one at a military miniature shop (online) that was removing some old stock. It was produced by Volks (in Japan) and it must\'ve been sitting in the game shops \"warehouse\" for some time because the packaging material inside the sealed box was Japanese newspaper dated 1992.

I wish you luck in finding one ... it is a very lovely kit.

jim

Default Just FYI...

I know a little about these characters, they\'re from the Devilman manga/anime. Actually Silene is the one being held, she only has two white wings attached to her head. The other (and remember, those crazy Japanese name these, not me!) is called Satan. He has multiple golden wings (and also a hermaphrodite, has both \"parts\"),
    Just doing a quick search here a link to short bios on the Devilman characters, including Silene and Satan, HERE

Just thought maybe you\'d like some background! Beautiful paintjob, Jim! They look like fine porcelain. I am so green with envy.
    :D