Miniature Exchange #4 - Sign up! - Page 14
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Miniature Exchange #4 - Sign up!

Default Whooohooo!! I\'m psychic!!

@MB - got your package JUST now! I\'ll take and post pics in just a minute (gotta get the kids lunch).

Thanks!! Especially the note - Grumb\'s home and I gotta explain the seven-second outfit - ttthhhhaaannnkkks! :P

Howdy

Becca - I believe I am painting the Victoria Haley first, or I was until I snapped the spear tip (LOL)... anyhoo... she is repaired and glue dry, so I\'ll take her and the weird swirly creature out for primer today... (oh and I have not seen the gnome in armour since my wife spied it and it ended up in her collection of \'halflings\' hahhaahah...

peace

@ rex_lyver - Sent out your package today. The nearest post office location was in a Hallmark, so if it smells funny, that\'s why. :D

Sorry it took this long!

Default Pictures!

Hi All - thanks to Grumb\'s help I finally have pics to post of the awesome minis I got from Jerome.

First off - GW Wood Elf Dragon

Next - FU-UK Orc Mercenary

Then - GW Space Hulk Genestealer

Finally - some GREAT resin bases. The one on the left is from SpaceMunkie\'s GroundForge co. - a slate base; and the one on the right is a Figure Trader resin tech base

Thanks Jerome!! (Although if I didn\'t know you better I\'d think you\'d sent that dragon as a joke; \"hey, let\'s send the newbie a big detailed dragon and see if she can paint it...\" lol! I think it will be a while before I tackle that project.

I think I\'ll try and paint the orc first, although I\'ve got to finish at least one of my entries for FF\'s Total Testosterone contest first before I start anything new.

Thanks again Mark for coordinating this Exchange!

EDIT: Sorry for the small size on the first two pics. Apparently, Photobucket is automatically re-sizing them when I upload them and I can\'t get them any bigger. It\'s a shame too, b/c that orc has a really cool expression on it\'s face.

Just got my minis from Angus--a gaggle (or is that a bevy?) of Elfkin! Thanks Angus! :D

PS: What is the name of the metal mini?

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    PS: What is the name of the metal mini?
    Is a Thunderbolt Mountain Wood Elf Archer in chainmail with plates:

Here\'s the link to the manifactuer page

Nice and detailed miniature.

Default Just got my package...

Wow Tim! Thanks! At the rate of my painting, this\'ll last me until I retire...in my next life.

Originally posted by RedDawn
    @Valloa - I feel cheap! I just sent her two minis (following the guidelines) and everybody else is sending 3+! Sorry Maya!
    Hardly cheap I\'d say! The idea is to send one, so I\'m happy with one, but you sent me two, which is good too and more than you needed to send! Now I just need to find some time to paint my new pretties around school, work and everything else.

Maya~

Cheers Duende - all received. The Samurai fella is particularly nice :D

FF, i\'ll post in the next day or two. Cheers!

Just got my stuff from a very cool Jabberwocky - a Rackham orc (Jabby was concerned I might have it already, but don\'t worry, I don\'t) and an excellent skeleton liche king thing that looks like it comes from some time in the mid-80s. Also, a bunch of Reaper paints. So much generosity from the Jabberwocky!

Originally posted by Equus
    Wow Tim! Thanks! At the rate of my painting, this\'ll last me until I retire...in my next life.

Glad you like em have fun :D

RedDawn, nope, , no dragon to tease! Had it, wasn\'t gonna paint it soon, figured you might like it.:D

Got my package from sebrushworth, two minis from Reaper and... The Imperial Infantryman\'s Uplifting Primer! lol, what a great book! Thanks, Sebastian!...:D

Also received a package long time coming through the mails from QuietiManes, some Future floor wax, now to join the magic water club...off to paint! (since I still don\'t have regular internet access and am therefore hindered in posting:():D

See you, all!:D

Originally posted by reverend
    In no hurry Rev, got some of these bastard miniatures eyeballing me from the shelf wondering when I\'m going to finish them up. I think I\'ll wait to paint eyes on them until the last now ...

Scary little buggers ...

Originally posted by Frustrated Father
    Originally posted by reverend
    In no hurry Rev, got some of these bastard miniatures eyeballing me from the shelf wondering when I\'m going to finish them up. I think I\'ll wait to paint eyes on them until the last now ...

Scary little buggers ...
    And the mouths and teeth. You might want to wait on those too. Staring is one thing...when they start whispering...then you feel like you\'re in a Japanese horror movie or something. :D

Staring is one thing...when they start whispering...then you feel like you\'re in a Japanese horror movie or something.
    What? Yours only whisper? I choose my next mini to paint by whichever one yells at me the loudest! ;)

Originally posted by Duende
    Staring is one thing...when they start whispering...then you feel like you\'re in a Japanese horror movie or something.
    What? Yours only whisper? I choose my next mini to paint by whichever one yells at me the loudest! ;)
    I agree with Duende, which ever one demands attention, Gets it

Howdy

So actual paint hit one of the figures today! WOO HOO! (but don\'t hold your breath as I am running for \'slowest painter on the planet\' award...)

peace :D

Originally posted by jimbob1066e
    (but don\'t hold your breath as I am running for \'slowest painter on the planet\' award...)
    I resemble that remark.

;)

Originally posted by jimbob1066e

...I am running for \'slowest painter on the planet\' award...
    You and me both Jimbob. :(:D

Originally posted by leopardpixie
    Originally posted by Duende
    I choose my next mini to paint by whichever one yells at me the loudest! ;)
    I agree with Duende, which ever one demands attention, Gets it
    Funny how that works in so many other aspects too. ;)

Anyway, I got my minis from QuietiManes today! Six GW Witch Elves! Three \"regulars\" and a Muscian, a Champion, and a Standard Bearer. Thanks!!

:D