200 and counting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 200 and counting

Default 200 and counting

Dont beleive it.
    I checked my CMON rating, and i\'m 269:o

Stunned. When I joined here my goal was to get into the 200 range.

Thanks all who have voted for me, and all the really helpful comments.

my new goal is to get to 200-220. think this is acheivable. Don\'t really think I will ever make the 100s, but i can dream:D

Good work there! :)

I just looked at your gallery and I think you are clearly able to get into the 100s. You know it is not that difficult if you really want it.

Now getting into the top 50 that is difficult!

Way to go. I really like the Devourer and that big ass (Can I say ass? Well I guess I did.:D) Netherlord of Ice. He is Freakin Huge! I think that you could pop the top 100 if you try. Please post some more images. :D

You can definitely get 200 soon. Your last devourer was awesome. Give your next mini all you have, and you will replace that 8.0 space marine that\'s holding you back. With an 8.7, 8.7, 8.6, 8.5, and 8.0, a 9.0 would put you at 215. Get painting and let\'s see some more of your work!

Thanks guys for the ecouragement.

@james9487 how did you work that out!???

@Modo just looked at your gallery and voted, not too sure my paintins up to your standard, so your place is quite safe:D

@Drake, didnt want to leave you out:) Yes the Netherlord is huge, and he was a nightmare to paint, but worth it in the end. I beleive a new one is coming out and I will be doing him in a different way, wouldn\'t mind haveing ice,fire,earth etc, lets wait and see. Now watch others jump on this:D

I remember not THAT long ago when I was so excited because I passed 250 in the rankings. Although at that point I thought to myself that I was just about topped out. Look how much I knew :P

All I can say is don\'t underestimate yourself, if you enjoy pushing yourself to improve, do it, you\'ll probably suprise yourself :)

Originally posted by atacam

@Modo just looked at your gallery and voted, not too sure my paintins up to your standard, so your place is quite safe:D

@Drake, didnt want to leave you out:) Yes the Netherlord is huge, and he was a nightmare to paint, but worth it in the end. I beleive a new one is coming out and I will be doing him in a different way, wouldn\'t mind haveing ice,fire,earth etc, lets wait and see. Now watch others jump on this:D
    Yeah I was not left out! :Dlol Ice, Fire, Earth... would be way cool man. You should give it a go. BTW how much did that bad boy set you back?

Originally posted by Drake Farstrider

Yeah I was not left out! :Dlol Ice, Fire, Earth... would be way cool man. You should give it a go. BTW how much did that bad boy set you back?
    Do you mean including th e base or just the mini?

I bought him when he first came out. I paid £25 for him Really good value(take note GW) The wings are from an old Ral Partha Takhesis I picked up 1 complete and 2 with bits missing from a boot fair about 8 years ago, think I paid about £5 for all 3:D One was fully boxed and came with its certificate.

So all in just for him less than £30, then about 130 hours painting.
    :rolleyes:

Yeah I meant just the mini. So 25 pounds is like $50 right? Wel thats not all that bad. 130 hours painting him? Holly crap-a-ronies man. Thats a lot of work put inot him. And it paid off. Again well done.

Yeah I meant just the mini. So 25 pounds is like $50 right? Wel thats not all that bad. 130 hours painting him? Holly crap-a-ronies man. Thats a lot of work put inot him. And it paid off. Again well done.
    Indeed...I have to respect someone with the patience and drive to put that much time into something. Especially with minis, I tend to start to lose interest after most of the colors have been applied and I\'m working on details and fixing my mess-ups. I do tend to have a little more patience on my larger stuff, but then I usually spread the work out A LOT. :D

I think I would get discouraged if I workd on a mini for half that amount of time.

Wolf_Fang

im still in 2063 sometimes it goes up sometimes it goes down... not once has it broken through tho lol WAY TO GO!

I\'m at...well...nothing. ;)
    Go atacam go!

:flip:

Wolf_Fang

well ur closer then i am lol

Originally posted by Wolf_Fang
    Well as I don\'t know what your ranking is...:D

Voting on all the mini\'s in your gallery as I type this that I have not already voted on. :D

Sturmhalo

Well done... you\'re about 200 ahead of me!

Wolf_Fang

Originally posted by Wolf_Fang
    Well as I don\'t know what your ranking is...:D

Voting on all the mini\'s in your gallery as I type this that I have not already voted on. :D
    ur about 250 ahead of me :P

If you check out the \'top artists\' link on the home page you can see everyone\'s rank and their average mini rating. Artists numbers 209-215 have an average rating of 8.70 (208 has 8.71).

8.7 + 8.7 + 8.6 + 8.5 + 9.0 = 43.5

43.5 divided by 5 is an average of 8.70, which would actually put you at 216, because I think you would have less votes than the already established 8.70\'ers.

That\'s really sad when I am doing math to figure out how good someone is, I mean come on, it\'s art! Oh well, it\'s fun to have a rank and if you\'re competive like me, it helps you to push yourself.

Everyone that has something posted is ahead of me...it\'s lonely at the bottom!:(

A little birdy told me I\'d get a camera sometime soon though...and I ALWAYS believe the little talking birdies, ALWAYS.:cool: