Bargains, bargains, bargains!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bargains, bargains, bargains!

Default Bargains, bargains, bargains!

OK - I REALLY tried to find the thread where I posted the funky boot pictures, but I couldn\'t, SO...

@Zora - here\'s a picture of me in my new boots I just got today!

@Margo, Sniffles, LP, Gin, & Duende (and all you other ladies out there) eat your hearts out! They\'re Nine West (leather, not vinyl) and I just got them at a thrift store for...$2.00 YES $2.00!!! Can you believe it?

This goes down as the BEST bargain I\'ve EVER found!

I challenge everyone else to beat that bargain - freebies from your family don\'t count! lol

EDIT: Just for reference, these boots HAD to be at least $50 - 60 new (if not more).

Originally posted by RedDawn
    I challenge everyone else to beat that bargain - freebies from your family don\'t count! lol
    I have just seen a pair of nice legs for free ;P

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

:o \"Gasp\"!!!!!!!! damn, I have boot envy!!!:flame:

stay out of dark alleys with those RedDawn...I\'m waiting for you:cool:

Ehhh, my brother once got a sweet sweetback baad asssssss vintage 70\'s style buttersotch leather pimp coat (a perfect fit) at Value Village for about $20... I guess that doesn\'t beat the $2 boots though.

Well, the job I had before my current one was working as a stock guy in a shoe store, and in Canadian money, those particular boots sold for $185 at the store I was in. I know, because they were very popular, and I had to keep getting them down from the top shelf. When you look at the same boxes over and over again for two entire fashion seasons, you get to know what something sells for.

Divide that by 1.2 to get the rough value in american money.

Bah, Pointed toes!
    Good bargin, so what size are they?
    6 maybe??? (hint hint, Maybe they could be sent my way??)

OK - I REALLY tried to find the thread where I posted the funky boot pictures, but I couldn\'t, SO...

@Zora - here\'s a picture of me in my new boots I just got today!

@Margo, Sniffles, LP, Gin, & Duende (and all you other ladies out there) eat your hearts out! They\'re Nine West (leather, not vinyl) and I just got them at a thrift store for...$2.00 YES $2.00!!! Can you believe it?

This goes down as the BEST bargain I\'ve EVER found!

EDIT: Just for reference, these boots HAD to be at least $50 - 60 new (if not more).

Yes, from everything I\'ve heard from my wife, Nine West are her favorites, and when she finds some at the Goodwill for a bargain, she\'s one happy camper!

Now that I\'ve got that out of the way:

YOWZA! I mean, errr, thanks for showing me!;)

I\'d better let it go at that, or Grumb will kick my @$$!

Seriously, thanks! After the last few days I\'ve had, I needed a smile...

Two??? TWO dollars? Nine West leather boots for TWO dollars? I\'m speechless!

abstract_incendiarie

I once got a beatiful ita;lian leather jacket in a 26 chest which is really hard to find, that should have been somewhere in the region of £200 for £6

AI

Originally posted by abstract_incendiarie
    I once got a beatiful ita;lian leather jacket in a 26 chest which is really hard to find, that should have been somewhere in the region of £200 for £6

AI
    A 26 chest ?!?!?

Geesh. I\'m more than twice your size! I wear a 54.

I really hope this is just a size misinterpretation on my part.

Don\'t worry... That\'s just a difference between the European and American clothing size system... You are not really twice his size.
    Though Italian clothes are always smaller than the \"official size\" says... Guess it\'s because Italians are said to be small people.

Sigh. Well, I will assuage my boot envy with the fact that I\'m sure those would never zip around my calves, and I never wear heels. :)

If your feet were as big as mine, Dawn (which I doubt), I\'d offer you another pair of boots. Bought some from Zappos.com two years ago, but they\'re too narrow for my calves.

Originally posted by Starfall
    Don\'t worry... That\'s just a difference between the European and American clothing size system... You are not really twice his size.
    Though Italian clothes are always smaller than the \"official size\" says... Guess it\'s because Italians are said to be small people.
    I dunno. In the USA at least, the number means the number of inches around your chest (or waste, or neck, or bicep etc.) - so a 54 would actually be twice as big around as a 26, more so even.

As to sizes varrying, when I was in high school I wore extra large t-shirts. Now I wear a medium. I was not into the baggy clothes look either. I have gained about 15 pounds since high school, so why has my shirt size gone down?

abstract_incendiarie

yeah it is 26 inch chest, but I am seriously skinny I have a 25 inch waist, so it is hard to find mens clothes that fit me which adds to the true awesomeness of the bargain

AI

Originally posted by sniffles
    Sigh. Well, I will assuage my boot envy with the fact that I\'m sure those would never zip around my calves, and I never wear heels. :)

If your feet were as big as mine, Dawn (which I doubt), I\'d offer you another pair of boots. Bought some from Zappos.com two years ago, but they\'re too narrow for my calves.
    That\'s the one small problem with these boots - no zipper. You have to pull them on and off. I finally got the hang of it - plant one boot on Grumb and have HIM pull them off! lol

Actually, I have long narrow feet so it\'s hard to find shoes that don\'t make them look HUGE. I\'m not giving out my size, but LP you\'re feet are TINY compared to mine and Sniffles you\'re only 1 size larger than me and the boots are actually a little big (so they\'re probably only 1/2 size small for you). That\'s why I was so excited to find them - usually you find cute shoes/boots in size 6-8.

@Zora - glad I could make you smile! :D Just wait until I post my Total Testosterone entry and then you\'ll get to laugh your @$$ off! ;)

@WP - I\'m watching you witch! You better not hop on your broom and zip to this side of the continent to steal my boots!

Default Sorry for the double post, but...

Originally posted by DragonPaint
    I have just seen a pair of nice legs for free ;P
    I meant to say \"thank you\"! :D

Default actually...

hate to talk about mini painting *GASP* on a painting fourm...

but thats an excellent light study for PVC or other shiny black material...:D

Originally posted by abstract_incendiarie
    yeah it is 26 inch chest, but I am seriously skinny
    forced to agree. I had a 28 inch waste in high school and was considered quite the stick. you\'re not also 6 feet tall are you?

Originally posted by ipaintminis
    hate to talk about mini painting *GASP* on a painting fourm...

but thats an excellent light study for PVC or other shiny black material...:D
    THANK YOU! Now I have my excuse for staring at the pic for so long!

\"...um, I was using it as a light study for doing shiny leather...\"

Good point.
    You\'ll note there are sharp white highlights, but around curves you get a strong hint of red.