CMON Annual 2004-2005 is a go!!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CMON Annual 2004-2005 is a go!!!!!

Alexi_Z

Originally posted by Corpuscle
    The e-mail Borg sent out said images need to 300dpi. What the hell does that mean? All I do is point a digicam at a mini, crop it then post it. How do I find out the dpi-ness of a picture???
    Well, you need special digicam with 300dpi resolution... lol

Originally posted by Klute
    Any chance of UK distributor to get rid of that shipping cost that stopped me getting the last one ??
    same request :)

Corpuscle: Put your pic into Photoshop and go to Image > Image Size. If you need any \'help\' (followed by a nudge and a wink....) with Photoshop, PM me....;)

Yeah, how about letting Gamers Quest flog them? And can contributors reserve a copy...:D

Wow can you believe it I have been asked to submit something, I\'ve just done my resizing and e-mailed them back to Borg. Hopefully I have the right of it. Sorry Borg I do not have a zip program on my pc though.

Any chance of UK distributor to get rid of that shipping cost that stopped me getting the last one ??
    Mark, I\'m sure some nice friendly person might lend a hand and get two.;)

I\'m made up too!!
    Surprised my submission from 3 days ago was included too!
    only received the email while here at work, so not sent yet, but I sure will!!

:bouncy::bouncy:

Happy Days! :D

I\'m surprised I didn\'t get an E-mail from Borg...

Aren\'t you going to have a section on \"What not to do\"?

;)lol

Well, I\'m honored and shocked to have been emailed on this so I guess if I\'m getting in it I will have to buy it and force all of my friends to buy a copy.

p.s. Before you ask, no, they are not including the Talonlol

Originally posted by borg
    When you do get the email, please read over it and follow the directions carefully so you don\'t drive Eric crazy :)
    Oh, I don\'t think there will be any hope for me...even if everyone does follow the instructions.

HOWEVER, if you want your mini in there, I\'d recomend it ;)

Thanks Borg for getting this all set up, this should be fun! I\'m just glad I\'ll be able to help. (and now, no one can keep my photos out of the thing!!)

Please note in the email that we can\'t guarantee a spot, but I expect we\'ll be stuffing as many photos in as we can. However just getting an email means you have at least one of the top minis from the last 2 years, so great work! :D

Originally posted by MarkusTay
    I\'m surprised I didn\'t get an E-mail from Borg...

Aren\'t you going to have a section on \"What not to do\"?

;)lol
    lol I think that i belong with you on tht Mt :P

Originally posted by tidoco2222
    Wow can you believe it I have been asked to submit something, I\'ve just done my resizing and e-mailed them back to Borg. Hopefully I have the right of it. Sorry Borg I do not have a zip program on my pc though.
    Have a qiuick sqizz at the tinterweb and you should be able to pick up free downloads of zip programmes. Microsoft website maybe?

you can get a free version of win-zip :)

Woohoo, got an invite for a surprising number of my figs! Too cool :D

I realise that I can get it to download it is just that I never send files across the net and have never needed it until now. Oh well I\'ve sent the e-mails now.

Seems I have to send some photo... :)
    Maybe I\'ll take better pictures with my new 6.0Mp camera... hope that Ericj mailbox can resist to the assault :)

About zipfiles... I can recommend a free utility, easy to use, fast and support almost all compression format:

http://www.tugzip.com/

Yay!! I can\'t wait to buy it :D I received the 2003 Annual for Christmas last year and it\'s been an awesome reference as well as eye candy lol

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    Mark, I\'m sure some nice friendly person might lend a hand and get two.;)
    Cheers Mike.
    But wouldn\'t it make more financial sense to have a UK distributor. Im sure I wasnt the only one put off by the postage.

How is it decided what pics go in.
    ie Will someone with 10 minis above score 9 get all 10 in while pushing out someone with average 8.5 ??
    Are entries limited per person ??
    It could easily end up a showcase for the top ten painters....not entirely a bad thing but not quite fair on the others.

[quote]Originally posted by Klute
    How is it decided what pics go in.
    ie Will someone with 10 minis above score 9 get all 10 in while pushing out someone with average 8.5 ??
    Are entries limited per person ??
    It could easily end up a showcase for the top ten painters....not entirely a bad thing but not quite fair on the others.
    I think they need to collect many pictures, then discard the low quality photos and work on the other.
    Then, as Ericj wrote:
    \"However just getting an email means you have at least one of the top minis from the last 2 years, so great work!\"

:)

Klute - Borg and I have discussed some of this and the decisions haven\'t been made 100% yet.

First we are very aware this time of postage costs relative to the weight of the book itself. Last year was just heavy enough so that it fell into a much higher postage rate, which we are strongly hoping to avoid in one way or another, we have a couple ideas floating around.

As for decision process on photos. That\'s not resolved either, mostly because we haven\'t yet seen what we have to choose from! However, I expect we will attempt to stray away from pages and pages in a row of just a couple artists, although at the same time, I would expect certain painters will have a larger presence than others. Heck, I already have high res photos of all 20 of mine that qualified :D

Right now we\'ve taken a couple steps to start the thing, and really need to give it a little time before final decisions can be made!

As for UK distribution...that doesn\'t involve me :)