CMON Annual 2004-2005 is a go!!!!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CMON Annual 2004-2005 is a go!!!!!

Does the CMYK look the same on our monitor but different on paper?

Originally posted by SaxonAngel
    Does the CMYK look the same on our monitor but different on paper?
    Yes, just because monitors works using RGB
    Every pixel on the monitor is composed by red, green and blue phosphors, the different phosphors are excited by a flux of electrons and the light emitted form the different colors.

The printing process work in a different way and use CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow and black)
    Every image is printed four times, one for every color.

This means that all the images used for printing needs a convertion in CMYK format from the RGB format used by digital cameras.

Here\'s some more info:
    CMYK color model
    RGB color model

ok that lost me here

Well this is good news. Unfortunatly I won\'t make it into this edition. :D:(

@drake...me either, but i cant wait to see all the great stuff inside!:D:D:D:D:D

Think my invite got lost in a spam filter somewhere :D

Shaz

Yup. We might get in next years.. maybe ;) I still want a copy though :)

A couple of interesting links for everyone that need to touch up the pictures.
    Monitor calibration is a must to avoid odd colors when printing and also to browse the CMON gallery and see the pictures in their original colors:

http://epaperpress.com/monitorcal/index.html

http://pages.prodigy.net/ecmorris/tips/monitor.htm

While I was talking to Eric, I realised that there are a few more things that I wanted to add to the annual that I either left out or missed.

1) Paintaid - a unique project that started here on CMON will be freatured. Dragonsreach, Eric will be contacting you.

2) Miniature exchange - will also have a page in there.

These are unique projects that started on CMON that deserve a big thank you.

And don\'t foget the CMON comps. Those who competed in the CMON comps will also get an email shortly.

Just a FYI, if I have left out anything else, let me know.

:idea:

Don\'t know if any of the round robin figures got finished? If so one of those might be interesting to see.

Shaz

provoke_me

i think one got finished. ill see if i can dig up a picture.
    edit: found it. ask TAB for the pictures.

Yes EricJ has contacted me via PM and I\'ve replied with a couple of ideas regarding Paint AId..
    I\'d like to say thanks for the opportunity to put the project in the book.

Originally posted by Fizl
    Don\'t know if any of the round robin figures got finished? If so one of those might be interesting to see.
    I have the very first finished RR mini here on my display shelf. Do you think it\'s worth putting in?

Who\'s making these desicions anyway?

:)

provoke_me

thats the one! i couldnt find the pics online but i knew TAB would have pictures.

Blog Entries

Hehe at first I was disappointed that none of my postings got selected, but then I remembered about how I haven\'t checked my email in a couple weeks lol

Cool to see I\'ve got at least one shot at making the 2nd Annual as well... my inactivity online has effectively cut off my positive reinforcement :D Always an honor to have my name thrown in with the best in the hobby, there\'s a lot of people I draw inspiration from and it\'s very cool to be recognized with them.

One of these days I\'ll get around to posting some of my new stuff. Haven\'t posted anything from the last 8 months or so. Admittedly haven\'t done terribly much in that time, but there\'s still some good stuff worth sharing (tons of new Wood Elves :)).

I\'ll have to take new pics of my two models that are up for inclusion, I\'m never satisfied with my photography. Hmmm, might be justification for buying a decent camera :)

:)

some random mumbling:
    Posted my 2 pics. hm. If you want other views.. I can post other pictures. Didn\'t post backviews. I leveled the pic some, I can post raw if you want to level it yourselves. um um.

Oh my god! I just got The E-mail :o My contest #4 mini is the lucky candidate :D

Now I gotta take a better picture...

I just want to stress again, to please follow the instructions for how to email photos that Borg layed out. With the volume of photos we\'re getting it will take forever if I have to open and read them to figure out which mini is submitted, let alone if I have to open the photo and then try to find a way to match the mini to a name/post.

(in otherwords if you open a new email message, attach a photo, title the email \"photo for annual\", and hit send...you probably won\'t make it in...so whoever did that about half a dozen times...try again :D)

nosferatu

Default No CMoN contest #4 invite?

Originally posted by No Such Agency
    Oh my god! I just got The E-mail :o My contest #4 mini is the lucky candidate :D

Now I gotta take a better picture...
    Hmmm, I didn\'t get an invite for my CMoN #4 entry ???

Should I have?

Also, I took new, improved shots of the one thing that I did get an invite for last night but it\'s a difficult one as the two minis are facing one another. I will send two shots as requested but I was wondering if I should also send some kind of image montage thing so that you can at least see both their faces?