Interesting Site - Paper Models
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Site - Paper Models

There is quite a bit of design work that went into that. I\'m impressed.

Here is that authors\'webpage with other models: http://www.armorbimbo.com/abcpaper.htm

Very interesting I seem to recall one of these being posted on CMON a while back and being sold on Ebay for over £300.

I think the guy that posted it said it was all in plastic and he had scratch built it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am beginning to wonder.

OMG there really is a giant walking church :o:o

Origineel geplaatst door War GriffonI think the guy that posted it said it was all in plastic and he had scratch built it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hmm, yeah, that sounds suspicious. Still, it is possible to use the paper design as a template to create a plastic model. Just make sure you score the lines in the right way (so they fold with the same bending loss as paper) and reïnforce the construction. Anybody want to try?

When I get my workshop up and running, I was thinking of doing something like this in plasticard and wood.

Found it...

OK its not quite the smae but it looks like it might have started out that way and has had bits added to it

Its still a monster though by any standards

Not as big as this monster but...

here\'s the picture of a Shadowsword tank build by a friend with a couple of nike and kellog\'s boxes, it tooks the 3rd place in Lucca games 2001:

Here\'s the homepage with some more pictures (in Italian):
    http://www.cioda.8m.com/index.htm

Originally posted by War Griffon
    Found it...

OK its not quite the smae but it looks like it might have started out that way and has had bits added to it

Its still a monster though by any standards
    No, that was a resin model, put out by Dreamforge Games, until a certain evil game company made them stop making it because of IP infringement.

Originally posted by Evil Dave

No, that was a resin model, put out by Dreamforge Games, until a certain evil game company made them stop making it because of IP infringement.
    OMG if that was made of resin I dread to think how much it would have cost :o

Gotta be getting on towards a months salary at least ???

If I recall correctly, when that thing was for sale, it was around 650 bucks.

Relatively cheap compared to some of the forgeworlds offereings of less resin and more price!

Well, i made my pet Bowser out of paper;

and then there\'s the Titan i\'m building out of matt board that\'s the same basic principle. Fun stuff, but time comsuming... that paper Bowser took over 40 hours to do!

Elmer\'s glue made a line of 3D building software, but it didn\'t go over well and it was only in the stores a few weeks. By the time I went to buy it it was gone. You can read about the castle building set HERE.

That set allowed you to design and build 3D castles and medieval villages. It was a cool concept, you printed out the parts and glued it all together. The box had some neat shots of completed pieces but I can\'t seem to find them anywhere. They also had a Space one and a Hometown one. It\'s a shame because it wasn\'t accepted by the mainstream, but it would have been a Godsend in our hobby.

Paper models? Anyone got a light? :flame:

Watch them burn lol

Used to do a little origami. Very difficult and very amazing.

provoke_me

if anyone is interested..but to lazy to search a site for that walking church...heres the page it on.
    one step further...this is the page its on :)
    http://www.paperworlds.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=UpDownload&file=index& req=viewsdownload&sid=91

they also have a Cryx Slayer

Originally posted by Shawn R. L.
    Used to do a little origami. Very difficult and very amazing.
    You too? I was doing her until her brother Hito caught us... her dad shipped her ass back to Okinawa the next day... ;)