While we are on the \"CAKE\" topic... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: While we are on the \"CAKE\" topic...

Sturmhalo

Originally posted by finn17
    I don\'t know if you are aware of them but I have bought a couple of superb examples of this genre from www.mascotmodels.com. These guys are well worth a look if you are interested in this area but - strictly adults only - you have been warned!
    :o

Jeez... you weren\'t kidding! That\'s what I call hardcore! Someone has obviously spent a lot of time looking at the old steak drapes to get the sculpting right! Gotta buy me one of those gals... would Ebay refuse to let those things go to auction?! oh well.

Why isn\'t my keyboard splash proof! :|~

lol

Less is more! Compare Mascott with some of the old figures from Phoenix, the Phollies I think they were called. It\'s all very well having figs doing all sorts of wierd stuff with cucumbers and power tools, but when you do a blinding paintjob who are you gonna show it to? \"Look small child, this is a figure I painted last week, the whip marks are painted in red gore and the pubic hair in bubonic brown!\"lol

Big Mean Elf

[ \"Look small child, this is a figure I painted last week, the whip marks are painted in red gore and the pubic hair in bubonic brown!\"lol [/quote]
    >Not all of us have kids or act on that mind set....if a kid sees my work it is becuase he is smarter then his parents,or they are lazy?

We adults can have toys to you know...lol:cool:

Thanx for the reply!:cool:

Big Mean Elf

[quote]Originally posted by Sturmhalo
    Originally posted by finn17
    I don\'t know if you are aware of them but I have bought a couple of superb examples of this genre from www.mascotmodels.com. quote]

Jeez... you weren\'t kidding! That\'s what I call hardcore! ... would Ebay refuse to let those things go to auction?! oh well.

Why isn\'t my keyboard splash proof! :|~

lol
    >I think that the lil steakes would need to be paint shoped into a blur,that is my plan....but bear breast are on ebay all the time.

I don`t like the mascot stuff much...they are an old styl and they show it,the hair and bodies look like they came from the 70ties,imho....I want modern hot gals,not the mom from the brady bunch.....lol:innocent:

Just my take on em,and the sculpting on some are well done....:)

Big Mean Elf

BTW...What would you guys think would be the most attention getting work?
    Scale wise,25mm,30mm,or 54mm?

And would you like to see sci-fi,fantasy,horro,or an even mix of the three?

Or would you like something else,ideas?

:idea::cool:

For what it\'s worth, I\'m not a fan of horror. I am amazed by some of the 1/6 scale models that are out there, but I\'m not fond of the 28mm horror I\'ve seen.
    I like both SF and Fantasy.

If your target audience is mini painters and not gamers, then I\'d say either 30 or 54 in that order. It\'s easier to get a lot of 30mm show pieces to fit on a shelf.

Originally posted by Big Mean Elf
    BTW...What would you guys think would be the most attention getting work?
    Scale wise,25mm,30mm,or 54mm?

And would you like to see sci-fi,fantasy,horro,or an even mix of the three?

Or would you like something else,ideas?

:idea::cool:
    Most of those figures that are bestsellers are 54mm or larger (for instance all those resin kits), so you can go down that road and aim for them \"standards\". Allthough i wouldn\'t mind 28mm figures (I\'m a real fan of those Conan covers when i read those marvel comics). Oh and i (my personal opinion) like a mix of all three (although watch out with the horror stuff, you don\'t want to go down \"hentai-street\", trust me it\'s gross)

P.S. before i forget, success to you and yours big elf :flip:

Big Mean Elf

Me do em big & lil?

:wow:

I have been wondering why there are not a few more scary figures done,like a like mabey a werewolf and a bad ass lil female priest,you know the good good girl,put poor thing,her ampel breast have falln out of her cloths due to that mean bad ass looking werewolf and his ripping off chain mail claws...:innocent:

Just for an example,you know....:D

But I think many peeps don`t think scary subjects can also be sexy?:o

Of course there are 694.038 red hot vampire whores out there...but I`m talking horro stuff not victoria secret with fangs...:rolleyes:

I also think that I`m going to do a few more csi fi deals,as there are 10,000,000 fantasy 1/2 neckid gals on the market.

:bouncy::flip::moon::D:cool:

Big Mean Elf

Originally posted by vincegamer
    Ooh! A Barbarella Mini!!
    >Yep yep...just for you Vince,how much you pay`n...and which suite do you want her in?

She had on about 40 in that movie...but I liked her best in her vikeing space girl suite...

:):cool:

Big Mean Elf

P.S. before i forget, success to you and yours big elf :flip: [/quote]

>Ahh Shucks...

I like you to.

:D:cool:

Originally posted by Big Mean Elf
    Me do em big & lil?

I have been wondering why there are not a few more scary figures done,like a like mabey a werewolf and a bad ass lil female priest,you know the good good girl,put poor thing,her ampel breast have falln out of her cloths due to that mean bad ass looking werewolf and his ripping off chain mail claws...:innocent:

Just for an example,you know....:D

But I think many peeps don`t think scary subjects can also be sexy?:o

Of course there are 694.038 red hot vampire whores out there...but I`m talking horro stuff not victoria secret with fangs...:rolleyes:

I also think that I`m going to do a few more csi fi deals,as there are 10,000,000 fantasy 1/2 neckid gals on the market.

:bouncy::flip::moon::D:cool:
    Welll with that horror example you might convert me , but the fact is many horror, sexy-type stuff just gets gross, not sexy, if you\'re not careful. :P

Default Cake- reactions to different opinions, and a general rant.

Well, I\'ll have to agree, that less is definetly more, unless you\'re planning on giving an opinion based upon such types of \'enhanced\' miniatures.

While yes, I can understand the (very small amount) of humor behind a female model with augmented and bare breasts, it really doesn\'t belong on this site, IMO. And, frankly, I\'m a little sick of seeing them. That\'s my opinion, and I\'m entitled to it, as you are to your opinion, even if it\'s not in agreement with my own.

That aside, my main issue here is how its dealt with. Now, I posted something to that effect (with slightly more firm wording) on a certain Yahoo group. concerning a link to a WIP pic on this site. Now, I was expecting to recieve the usual disagreement in the responses on the actual group, but nothing prepared me for what was to come when I logged into my account here. Numerous private messages concerning the same topic (some in favor of my post, others against it) greeted me here, on another wargaming-related forum, and in my personal e-mail inbox.

Now, it\'s perfectly fine if you want to disagree with me, just please, do it in a tasteful manner if you must disagree with someone concerning a topic of such heated debate. I may have overstepped my bounds on a few of my words of choice in the initial response, but they didn\'t warrant the amount of vulgar feedback I recieved in opposition to my position on the subject.

Seriously folks, if this kind of thing isn\'t dealt with in a more tactful manner, I may consider leaving this forum in addition to the unmentioned group at Yahoo. If we\'re going to claim to be adults, lets act like them.

Joe

Big Mean Elf

Default Hay Badaab

Well I am on that group and I`m a personal freind to Mick,yet I did not bug you at all.....other then to post on MCMP`s in suport of you and Mick,reread em...I don`t agree that every parent should expect us non parents to think about the kids that are not our responsibilty...they are yours.

I also don`t know why you decided to pick my Cake Mesage to reply to this other stuff...but hay it`s cool.

I`m a big fan of good adult art...and I`m starting a company just for this type of art to be produced...so I`m one of the against yous.

:innocent:

But hay I also agree with you on some of what you have said,don`t let it bug you man....so what you got a few email wish`n for your death...big deal man,I have been booted off many Yahell groups and it was for speaking my mind...I can assure I have missed little sleep over it all...and mabey you should take it for what it is worth....chill my freind,life will continue.

:cool:

McAnally

While I\'m definately for any new mini line :P I do wonder at the honest viability of \'mini\' sizes. It seems that most folks use the 25-35 mm for war gaming and rpg\'s like D&D* so I would think your target group would be the collectors n such.
    (On a personal note, I\'m not interested in erotic minis at all. I find them not so much tastless but just not useful. Didn\'t know if you wanted that info or not lol.)

:idea: *Huh..that begs the question, how did the Vile book for D&D by WoTC do in sales? Maybe you could make a few minis based off drawings in it to test the waters or are you more specifically looking into erotic minis as opposed to ..lacking a word here.. uh.. hrm....vile? On the whole, I would think vile(as opposed to erotic) would be more in demand as even a 4 color DM likes to throw a nasty vile critter at his players every once in a while.

Big Mean Elf

Default Sweets on the way bros..

Hay gang I will be post`n on MM account this week,check `em out and let me know what you all think of `em....I`ll have about 3 to 5 new girls up here over the next week...and some of the great sugjestons you cool azz`s have offered will be up the following week.

Peace!

:cool: