Search results

  1. D

    Partizan Wargames Show, May 2026, Pictorial Repertoire

    Sunday gone was the Partizan in it's mammoth 40th year! For the full repertoire of images please hop over to my Just Add Water Blog here: https://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.com/2026/05/partizan-wargames-show-may-17th-2026.html A few tasters.....
  2. D

    Atheling's Start of Late Sassanid Army!

    I'm finally making a start on my Late Sassanid army and starting small with a unit of Daylamite Light Infantry which can, with the removal of the main command models, also serve as Kurdish skirmishers too. As usual, there are a more pictures and discussion re: Daylamites in Sassanian armies on...
  3. D

    Late Roman Cataphracts Unit Complete! 17-02-2026

    Thanks Lucy300. The weather, throughout The Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge was an absolute obstacle. Almost like nature was working against me lol
  4. D

    Late Roman Cataphracts Unit Complete! 17-02-2026

    Thank you Fluffy)%- very much appreciated. :)
  5. D

    Late Roman Equites Scholae Palatinae- Rapid Painted Horses

    Thanks Lucy300, I have only tried it once on plastics with contrast paint so cannot comment further really- not in a fair way anyway. I do love the results, given the speed at which they were painted with then makeup sponges.
  6. D

    Late Roman Equites Scholae Palatinae- Rapid Painted Horses

    For the full conversation re: Contrast vs Makeup Sponge method horse painting and the images of the Equites Scholae Palatinae, please go to my Just Add Water Blog here...
  7. D

    Late Roman Legionaries

    More pictures and the usual waffle can be read/seen on my Just Add Water Blog https://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.com/2026/03/late-roman-archers.html I finally finished the last eight speed painted Late Roman Archers to go with the first Legionary unit of my LR army! I say finally as they...
  8. D

    Late Roman Cataphracts Unit Complete! 17-02-2026

    Painting time has been slim on the ground of late and varnishing conditions much less so! It's actually rained for more "40 days and 40 nights!". ) One could not make it up. I did manage to get the back rank of my Late Roman Cataphracts finished which, given that I have to spray the last few...
  9. D

    Late Roman Cataphracts/Abbasid Naffatun/Alternative to Oil Washing Horses

    The miniatures in this post were all painted up for The Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge, an online event I try to join every year. The event is superbly run buy Curt (and Sarah, everyone is very supportive of one another and it is truly an inspirational experience- and that's forgetting to...
  10. D

    Byzantine,Tagmatic (Nikephorian) Kataphractoi

    Thank you for the goodly words lucyy300.
  11. D

    Byzantine,Tagmatic (Nikephorian) Kataphractoi

    Thank you Melrnperedor, very much appreciated. :)
  12. D

    Artizan Designs vs The Assault Group Renaissance Spanish Size Comparison?

    Sorry, I still don't have a clue- I managed to garner zero answer to my question of all the fora I posted on!
  13. D

    Painted 28mm Footsore Miniatures Late Roman Legionaries & Cataphracts

    Hi, Finally got a chance to get these put up for sale- now that i'm out and about again. Buyer Pays Postage. Full Insurance is a must really. Preferably UK buyers or possibly the EU. Or I can Deliver at Partizan this Sunday 21st Payment via Friends and family on Paypal. Please either...
  14. D

    Warhammer Ancient Battles V.2 at Britcon Fri 11 Aug- Sun 13th 2023

    As the title suggests Warhammer Ancient Battles V.2 has returned to Britcon Fri 11 Aug- Sun 13th 2023. 5 games, just Saturday and Sunday. 3000pts, but 8 foot tables. Please use the lists from WAB V.2; Chariot Wars Lists and the Armies of Antiquity Volume 2 and the Errata for said edition...
  15. D

    Selling: Seleucid and Ptolemaic Reformed Armies 168-145 BC (1) - The Seleucid Army

    Selling: Seleucid and Ptolemaic Reformed Armies 168-145 BC (1) - The Seleucid Army, Nick Secunda, Montvert Publications. Long OOP. Asking for £50- (I won't go lower as it cost me £90!) Has tape on top corner or book- please see images to get a good idea of the condition. Please PM me if...
  16. D

    Byzantine,Tagmatic (Nikephorian) Kataphractoi

    For many more pictures and a detailed description of the arms and armour plus tactical use of the Nikephorian) Kataphractoi please feel free to pop over to my Just Add Water blog here http://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.com/2023/03/byzantinetagmatic-nikephorian.html: Almost certainly the most...
  17. D

    Anglo Danish Command Bases

    These little bases were put together as I took a breather for a week during The Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge which I have been enjoying. The idea of punctuating the Thematic Byzantine posts with some smaller mini projects has really helped me keep focused on the main item and if the...
  18. D

    Thematic Byzantines, Varangian Guard

    Another addition to my (slowly) growing Thematic Byzantine army. This time the famous/infamous Varangian Guard. For many more pictures and the usual discursive meanderings p-lease feel free to pop over to my Just Add Water Blog here...
  19. D

    Andalusian/Almohad/Almoravid Noble Command Vignette Base

    This piece was sitting in my undercoated and primed cupboard since 2019 and was just begging to be completed. I have minor wargames butterfly tendencies, nothing compared to years ago, but still find it useful to remain on focus for major projects (Thematic Byzantines for the AHPC this year) by...
  20. D

    Atheling's Thematic Byzantines- Thematic (Light) Kavallarioi Unit

    My 48 hours of offsetting publishing on social media for the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge is now up and I can, at last, present to you the next unit in my growing Thematic Byzantine army. This unit represents a body of soldiery living on the margins of the Themes. Lightly armoured...
Back To Top
Top