Search results

  1. D

    Image of Miniature Design Studio/MDS, Hittite *Heavy* Chariot Please?

    Does anyone out there have any images of the MDS: Hittite *Heavy* Chariot please? I've looked on the Caliver Books homepage (where they are now sold) and cannot find an image in the Matchlock catalogue under MDS. Fingers crossed! Cheers
  2. D

    Clubbing it! Republican Romans vs Seleucids Part 2

    It's been a funny week. Ocular Shingles (on my forehead and around my eye) has meant painting is a massive no-no as to avoid any unnecessary scarification- a position that ill finds me as I love painting! Being currently unwise to scratch my very itchy and painful forehead or eye, I was luckily...
  3. D

    Republican Romans vs Seleucids Part 1

    Clubbing it! Republican Romans vs Seleucids Part 1 The Full AAR/Bat Rep, packed with pictures, can be found here: https://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.com/2026/09/clubbing-it-republican-romans-vs.html
  4. D

    Classical Mauryan Indian Archers and Spearmen & Workbench Catch Up

    More Mauryan Indians added, another unit of Spearmen/Archers and a couple of Heavy Chariots. For many more pictures from various angles please visit my Just Add Water Blog here: https://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.com/2026/08/classical-mauryan-indian-archers-and.html
  5. D

    (SALE) Testudo Miniatures Teutonic Range- Most of the Packs from Range

    Hi, I'm selling my Testudo Miniatures Teutonic Knights, Poles, Lithuanians and Tartars etc as the range has been discontinued and I am now unable buy the miniatures I was banking on being able to purchase in order to put on what would have been a dream display game! I'm not very amused (to say...
  6. D

    Atheling's Sassanids

    I'm making a tentative start on my Sassanids- a project well overdue! They were meant be a historical match for my Late Romans and Early Byzantines (which can both be found on this forum). For more pictures of the Sassanid's here and a few words please head on over to my Just Add Water blog...
  7. D

    Clubbing it! Cruel Seas- Channel Dash

    Last Thursday at the club saw me, with my usual coterie of friends, playing another game of Cruel Seas by Warlord Games. This is actually my third game so one would think I would have digested the rules by now, but not so! The game was another learning experience and I was largely playing follow...
  8. D

    Battle of ???, SoA, Battle Day in the North Run Through PART 2- UPDATED 28-07-2026

    We fought another game of our battle set up for the SoA, Battle Day in the North run through of a game we have planned for the Society of Ancients, Battle Day in the North last week in an attempt to balance out the game as the WAB V.2 rules are they stand, almost certainly result in a very...
  9. D

    Battle of ???, Society of Ancients, Battle Day in the North Run Through

    For more pictures and my usual attractively styled waffle, please go to my Just Add Water blog here: https://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.com/2026/07/battle-of-society-of-ancients-battle.html This weeks game was right up my street and had me quite excited as we were to play a Late Medieval...
  10. D

    Classical-Nanda/Mauryan Indian Hereditary Unit #1

    I've got a WAB (Warhammer Ancient Battles in the event no one remembers!) tournament coming up in September and needed to get an army on the table for the event. Rather than (typically!) forking out for new miniatures I made the decision to resurrect my Classical-Nanda/Mauryan army. More...
  11. D

    Coming soon- AD Miniatures/Footsore Miniatures, Middle Imperial Romans

    Coming soon..... For more details, please see my blog here: https://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.com/2026/06/ad-miniatures-third-century-imperial.html?sc=1781171006528#c1534067983506212906 Posted with permission. Cheers,
  12. D

    Athelings' Late Roman Equites Scholae Palatinae Complete Unit 23/0502026

    More pictures of the Late Roman Equites Scholae Palatinae including both "speed painting" horse approaches of i/ high contrast and ii/ the "sponge method"(sounds wrong, I know!) For more pictures and discussion please see my Just Add Water blog here...
  13. D

    Partizan Wargames Show, May 2026, Pictorial Repertoire

    Sunday gone was the Partizan in it's mammoth 40th year! For the full repertoire of images please hop over to my Just Add Water Blog here: https://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.com/2026/05/partizan-wargames-show-may-17th-2026.html A few tasters.....
  14. D

    Atheling's Start of Late Sassanid Army!

    I'm finally making a start on my Late Sassanid army and starting small with a unit of Daylamite Light Infantry which can, with the removal of the main command models, also serve as Kurdish skirmishers too. As usual, there are a more pictures and discussion re: Daylamites in Sassanian armies on...
  15. D

    Late Roman Equites Scholae Palatinae- Rapid Painted Horses

    For the full conversation re: Contrast vs Makeup Sponge method horse painting and the images of the Equites Scholae Palatinae, please go to my Just Add Water Blog here...
  16. D

    Late Roman Legionaries

    More pictures and the usual waffle can be read/seen on my Just Add Water Blog https://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.com/2026/03/late-roman-archers.html I finally finished the last eight speed painted Late Roman Archers to go with the first Legionary unit of my LR army! I say finally as they...
  17. D

    Late Roman Cataphracts Unit Complete! 17-02-2026

    Painting time has been slim on the ground of late and varnishing conditions much less so! It's actually rained for more "40 days and 40 nights!". ) One could not make it up. I did manage to get the back rank of my Late Roman Cataphracts finished which, given that I have to spray the last few...
  18. D

    Late Roman Cataphracts/Abbasid Naffatun/Alternative to Oil Washing Horses

    The miniatures in this post were all painted up for The Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge, an online event I try to join every year. The event is superbly run buy Curt (and Sarah, everyone is very supportive of one another and it is truly an inspirational experience- and that's forgetting to...
  19. D

    Painted 28mm Footsore Miniatures Late Roman Legionaries & Cataphracts

    Hi, Finally got a chance to get these put up for sale- now that i'm out and about again. Buyer Pays Postage. Full Insurance is a must really. Preferably UK buyers or possibly the EU. Or I can Deliver at Partizan this Sunday 21st Payment via Friends and family on Paypal. Please either...
  20. D

    Warhammer Ancient Battles V.2 at Britcon Fri 11 Aug- Sun 13th 2023

    As the title suggests Warhammer Ancient Battles V.2 has returned to Britcon Fri 11 Aug- Sun 13th 2023. 5 games, just Saturday and Sunday. 3000pts, but 8 foot tables. Please use the lists from WAB V.2; Chariot Wars Lists and the Armies of Antiquity Volume 2 and the Errata for said edition...
Back To Top
Top