Fresno

Flashman14

It\'s official! Employment eludes me no longer.

So from New York to Monterey I move now to Fresno California! Home of the... uh .... Sam Peckinpah?

Who knows this area? What\'s going on in Fresno in terms of painting and clubs and gaming and all that?

I see Epic Worlds is down the street from me. They were closed at 2 with no sign contrary to their posted hours ...

supervike

Super Moderator
hmmm....

Sorry, I can be of no help.

But I DID think it used to say, \"somewhere in NYC\" after your name, but I thought I was just imagining it.

Thanks for letting me know I have not lost part of my mind yet....

Oh and congrats on the job!

Flashman14

thank you sir!

Unemployment is no fun at all - but I still managed to spend a great deal of my savings on minis when I knew damn well I shouldn\'t. It\'s a damn sickness I tell you!

What\'s worse - I\'m staying with family and haven\'t been able to paint since I left. Most recently I\'ve been posting stuff that I finished right before. I was able to clean up some stuff with file and knife and so it hasn\'t all been non-productive. And I surf here and TMP CONSTANTLY .... Let\'s get back to work eh? lol

dauber22

No help on the Fresno deal either, but congratulations on the job. Unemployment sucks -- unless you are independently wealthy. Hope everything works out okay for you out there. I dare say the weather and scenery have to be an upgrade from NYC. :)

Oh, and Supervike - I\'d only take it an indication that you haven\'t lost THAT PARTICULAR portion of your mind yet. lol

pitynoman

from what I understand,
Fresno blows for gaming and painting.
You are however welcome to come to Sacramento -Great Escape Games and hang with me, atomic pope and chaosette.

Flashman14

I\'ve recently learned that Fresno is the \"Raisin Capitol of the World\".

There you go friends - I knew it was known for something ...

tooshy

Originally posted by Flashman14
I\'ve recently learned that Fresno is the \"Raisin Capitol of the World\".

There you go friends - I knew it was known for something ...

Ah, should be good for currant affairs :rolleyes:

Congrats on the job - now you can keep yourself in the manner to which you wish to become acustomed, oh and continue to buy lots and lots of lovely minis :D

DennisMech

Fresno...

there is a hobbytown store:
Fresno, CA 93711
Phone: 559-435-3342

and these:
FRESNO MODEL RAILROAD*
2706 W ASHLAN STE 190
FRESNO
CA
559-266-2805
fmrr@pacbell.com

TOM\'S TRAINS
1476 NORTH VAN NESS
FRESNO
CA
559-266-3192
gworstell@northvalley.com

YUNG\'S HOBBY INC*
3069-B W BULLARD AVE
FRESNO
CA
559-435-3342

Did you realize that Fresno is the #1 farm country in the nation? You gotta love it! :rolleyes:

Flashman14

Originally posted by DennisMech

Did you realize that Fresno is the #1 farm country in the nation? You gotta love it! :rolleyes:

But seriously - it\'s something people from New York will never believe:

The produce sections in grocery stores here are superb! Exaggeration bit: Nearly every piece of fruit approaches the Platonic ideal, perfect in shape, color and texture. In NY stores every item looked like it had been first dragged behind a truck before being put out on display.

I guess I\'m finicky when it comes to produce presentation.

raginggaijin

Ah, Epic Worlds! Ron Silva runs the establishment and IIRC has quite a bit of gear for gaming and painting, especially in Warhammer. He and his wife Ellie are super cool people! Stop by there again and you won\'t be disappointed. And tell them CJ says \'Hello!\'

And if you happen upon Chris Cole and his Emperor\'s Children, get in a game with him!

Z

ZeCorto

Originally posted by Flashman14The produce sections in grocery stores here are superb! Exaggeration bit: Nearly every piece of fruit approaches the Platonic ideal, perfect in shape, color and texture.

So they are the genetic engineering capital of the world?:D