Who loves Judge Dredd??

Flashman14

New member
At a comic convention recently I picked up all the Batman/Judge Dredd arcs .. holy crap those are good...

I see Foundry makes some figs and also Heroclix\'s Indy line has some as well.

That\'s all ... nothing of import ....
 

aescarion

New member
There was already a perfectly good Judge Dredd movie, too. It was called Robocop.

Whoever made the Dredd movie just didn\'t \'get\' Dredd, I think.
 

finn17

New member
He is the Law!

I have been a fan of ol\' stoney face for nearly a quarter of a century. The cross-over comics are really good and definitely worth getting if you can track them down.
JD has improved enormously since 2000AD, the comic in which he appears, was bought by Rebellion. A company which actually understands and cares about comics.
The web site is here:

http://www.2000adonline.com/

The Stallone film was pants however.
 

dauber22

New member
What a surprise! :eek: A Sly Stalone movie that sucked! :eek: :D

The man made one decent movie: The original \"Rocky\". Pretty much everything else has sucked with the possible exception of \"Lords of Flatbush\".
I agree withAescarion. \"Robocop\" was a better Dredd movie than the Dredd movie.

[end of hijack]
 

SaintRigger

New member
I like all things Dredd, I even liked the Dredd movie (which is a gas to watch in french).

It\'s funny how much the Black Library \"Redeptionist\" comic borrows from Judge Dredd. :)

There is a bunch of 2000ad stuff I like too.. and I\'ve been getting into Rogue Trooper as of late.
 

Sand Rat

New member
Originally posted by dauber22
What a surprise! :eek: A Sly Stalone movie that sucked! :eek: :D

The man made one decent movie: The original \"Rocky\". Pretty much everything else has sucked with the possible exception of \"Lords of Flatbush\".
I agree withAescarion. \"Robocop\" was a better Dredd movie than the Dredd movie.

[end of hijack]

Gee Dauber, I would have said two - Rocky, and Demolition Man, if only for the comedic value and for Wesley Snipes kicking everybody\'s ass. That and Denis Leary\'s rant, which follows \"You see, according to Cocteau\'s plan I\'m the enemy, because I like to think, and I like to read. I\'m into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I\'m the kind of guy who\'d walk into a greasy spoon and wonder -- \"Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?\" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke Cuban cigars the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green jello all over my body reading playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the urge to, okay, pal? I\'ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It\'s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, and singing \"I\'m an Oscar Meyer Wiener.\"
 

dauber22

New member
Originally posted by steelcult
Gee Dauber, I would have said two - Rocky, and Demolition Man, if only for the comedic value and for Wesley Snipes kicking everybody\'s ass. That and Denis Leary\'s rant, which follows \"You see, according to Cocteau\'s plan I\'m the enemy, because I like to think, and I like to read. I\'m into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I\'m the kind of guy who\'d walk into a greasy spoon and wonder -- \"Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?\" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke Cuban cigars the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green jello all over my body reading playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the urge to, okay, pal? I\'ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It\'s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, and singing \"I\'m an Oscar Meyer Wiener.\"

Argh! You\'re right. I completely forgot Demolition Man!!! I think it\'s because I try NOT to think of it as a Sly Stalone movie lol Dennis Leary and Wesley Snipes are definately the best parts of that movie.
 

aescarion

New member
Originally posted by steelcult
[
Gee Dauber, I would have said two - Rocky, and Demolition Man, if only for the comedic value and for Wesley Snipes kicking everybody\'s ass. That and Denis Leary\'s rant, which follows \"You see, according to Cocteau\'s plan I\'m the enemy, because I like to think, and I like to read. I\'m into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I\'m the kind of guy who\'d walk into a greasy spoon and wonder -- \"Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?\" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke Cuban cigars the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green jello all over my body reading playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the urge to, okay, pal? I\'ve SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It\'s a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, and singing \"I\'m an Oscar Meyer Wiener.\"

I seem to remember that rant was basically lifted from one of Denis Leary\'s stand-up routines, but I can\'t remember where I got that fact from.
 

Bloodfinger

New member
\"Who loves Judge Dredd??\"

Warning - Loving a Judge is a serious offence, Creep!!


;)


PS - If you want to see a film in which Stallone shows that he can act when he tries, I recommend Copland (also starring Robert DeNiro, Harvey Keitel and Ray Liotta, any one of whom is reason enough to watch a film)
 

Flashman14

New member
There\'s a RPG game for JD but I think I\'ll pass ... a miniature game however ... now that I have some interest in ... and NOT Heroclix unless they really flesh out the 2000AD world and do muties, perps and all that ....
 

Flashman14

New member
yeah ! I got that .. and it\'s dang good indeed...

Apart from Batman, Aliens and Predators are there any other crossover books with JD?

Does he ever tangle with Superman or Spidey or anything? Finn, you know the answer to that one?
 

Ebonbuddha

Active member
YES!!!

Copland was a brilliant movie. I think if Stallone ignored the dollar signs, and took good scripts like Copland, he\'d be considered a \'serious\' actor. But he\'s doomed to be Rocky and Rambo. :bouncy:








Originally posted by Bloodfinger
\"Who loves Judge Dredd??\"

Warning - Loving a Judge is a serious offence, Creep!!


;)


PS - If you want to see a film in which Stallone shows that he can act when he tries, I recommend Copland (also starring Robert DeNiro, Harvey Keitel and Ray Liotta, any one of whom is reason enough to watch a film)
 

Ebonbuddha

Active member
Does anyone remember...

The Judge Dread Role-playing game that Citadel use to put out. I still have mine at my parents in the states.

There was good thing about the Judge Dredd movie. The special effects. I did enjoy them.

I think a Judge Dredd skirmish level game would rule.
 

Herb the bitter

New member
Originally posted by finn17
Originally posted by Herb the bitter
CHOPPER :)
Marlon Shakespeare? Possibly one of the only guys ol\' stoney face let off:D

Wow, if you knew that off the top of your head I\'m impressed!!! Wasn\'t he in Australia for that story line? Anyway I haven\'t read any in years, and what I do remember has slowly been degraded from eating too much Umpty candy. Well that and painting minis.
 
Back To Top
Top